Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this happens it will demonstrate that nothing has changed at the club. I can just about stomach this guy coming in as a last minute panic loan but when we've had a year to find players if we end up with Enner Valencia, a very limited player, then we can't hope to challenge for the CL spots.

Valencia will be cheap in comparison to what Everton will find for other strikers come summer. Valencia will be a passable squad player. You're right about one year having passed - Schneiderlin, Gueye, Lookman, Williams, Bolasie and Calvert-Lewin in, Davies up from the U-23's with Holgate pushing his place. In case you've missed out, things are changing. It doesn't happen overnight.

Valencia will be cheap in comparison to what Everton will find for other strikers come summer. Valencia will be a passable squad player. You're right about one year having passed - Schneiderlin, Gueye, Lookman, Williams, Bolasie and Calvert-Lewin in, Davies up from the U-23's with Holgate pushing his place. In case you've missed out, things are changing. It doesn't happen overnight.

The agreed fee for Valencia is £14m is it not?

I dont get it. From a football POV.

But if Koeman sees it, then fair enough. Free transfer, marketing, shirts, statement, blah blah, not interested. I like to think that Koeman will only want players he actually wants.
Rooney's a winner who loves the club. And there aren't many of those. That's why I want him. If he offers something on the pitch, too, then grand.

Free transfer, £150,000 per week wages. What's the new wage budget indicated at the AGM? And who are the subtractions and where does that put us with available wages for transfers with summer incomings after new contracts to Rom and Ross?

All speculation at this stage, but not sure this adds up to the desired sum.

Status
Not open for further replies.