Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two cup finals coming up for them in that regard. Not the pseudo hippy's specialty.

Gana isn't going there.
Just the type they win.

They'll run 4th very close. If they do I'm concerned they can use CL football to attract the likes of Reus etc.

Just the type they win.

They'll run 4th very close. If they do I'm concerned they can use CL football to attract the likes of Reus etc.

Perhaps, though they have had CL-level money for yonks and have bought worse (and for much more money) than we have have.

As for Gueye, I could see him going to Arsenal - but it should be for a fortune, more than what they paid for Xhaka at a minimum.

Just a thought - does Gana have a buyout clause? I only ask as we well and truly took advantage of it, so it may be something he insists upon.

Reus is a world class player. But injured every season. Big risk spending big money on an injury prone player
Thats true.

Looking at his injury list though he seems to get his major problems via inflammation to tendons rather than major tears/breaks. The way Tuchel has them non-stop moving is maybe slightly different then the way Klopp would use him. IIRC Klopp switched from that type of game Tuchel now adopts and started to press in phases and give his teams a breather later on at Dortmund.

Thats true.

Looking at his injury list though he seems to get his major problems via inflammation to tendons rather than major tears/breaks. The way Tuchel has them non-stop moving is maybe slightly different then the way Klopp would use him. IIRC Klopp switched from that type of game Tuchel now adopts and started to press in phases and give his teams a breather later on at Dortmund.

One also wonders whether Reus in would mean one of Coutinho / Firmino / Lallana out. It might be a slight step up for them, but it would do nothing to fix their much bigger problems - keeper, left back, centre-back, up front etc - elsewhere.

One also wonders whether Reus in would mean one of Coutinho / Firmino / Lallana out. It might be a slight step up for them, but it would do nothing to fix their much bigger problems - keeper, left back, centre-back, up front etc - elsewhere.
They have a lot of building to do. Tbf to Klopp he has a net spend of minus £1m. His biggest signing was Mane for £35M and he is an unqualified success (he has made a pigs ear out of restructuring the defence, though, and his GK from Germany was hopeless and Klavan looks terrible).

I see them getting Reus in if they get CL football. Sell Coutinho to pay most of the fee. Then they'll sort the spine out: GK, CB, CF.
Bill Shankly was the first manager I heard uttering that "spine" metaphor.
His was Lawrence, Yeats and St.John bless him.

Ganas only leaving for a top top side or for stupid money....(barring any unforseen release clause)....
Liverpool: not a better prospect than us, and somehow I doubt moshiri would sanction a sale as it would set out the wrong impression, how could we be seen as an improving threat to the top 4 if were seen as less attractive than our neighbours?
Chelsea: have kante
United: have pogba and herrera, both big money and big wages.
Arsenal: shortly set for a massive upheaval, best players want out, would he really want to go there?
Madrid: he'd be off if they wanted him
Barca: busquets is going nowhere
Juve: possibly but doubt they'd stump up the cash, think higuain is a big chunk of their future spending for the next few seasons,
Bayern: maybe, realistically they could stump up the cash with alonso retiring
City: maybe but again big money

Ganas only leaving for a top top side or for stupid money....(barring any unforseen release clause)....
Liverpool: not a better prospect than us, and somehow I doubt moshiri would sanction a sale as it would set out the wrong impression, how could we be seen as an improving threat to the top 4 if were seen as less attractive than our neighbours?
Chelsea: have kante
United: have pogba and herrera, both big money and big wages.
Arsenal: shortly set for a massive upheaval, best players want out, would he really want to go there?
Madrid: he'd be off if they wanted him
Barca: busquets is going nowhere
Juve: possibly but doubt they'd stump up the cash, think higuain is a big chunk of their future spending for the next few seasons,
Bayern: maybe, realistically they could stump up the cash with alonso retiring
City: maybe but again big money

With regards to Madrid, Barca, Juve and Bayern - I wouldn't hold it against any player wanting to go there if they were wanted. They are all European giants.

I can see us wheeling and dealing a bit more in the transfer market under Koeman and Walsh, so I wouldn't be as shocked as I normally would if Gueye left after a season - say if a 40mm bid came in. Probably going nowhere still.

Thats true.

They made a good point on the Anfield Wrap the other day about Goetze though, which is you don't buy injury prone lads to cover for injury prone lads. I can't see either Goetze or Reus managing Klopp's high fitness regime with the challenges of the English Premiership.

They made a good point on the Anfield Wrap the other day about Goetze though, which is you don't buy injury prone lads to cover for injury prone lads. I can't see either Goetze or Reus managing Klopp's high fitness regime with the challenges of the English Premiership.
Reports now that they're after Julian Brandt at Leverkusen. He is a fine young player.

I can see big bids coming in for Gana. It would be interesting what we might consider selling him for. I do think we will be more flexible with player trading going forward. If we can clear a 25 million + profit on the lad which can then be used to increase wages accordingly I can see us entertaining the idea. Lets put it this was, we probably have 1 or 2 too many lads in Central midfield, and he's gone from being essential to desirable.

I wouldn't sell and I can see Arsenal offering silly money. However given the form of Schniderlin, and McCarthym as well as Barkley and Davies playing well (and Besic to return) would the club turn down 35 million for him?

Status
Not open for further replies.