• Win the FA Cup

Votes: 218 74.1%
  • Finish in 4th place

Votes: 76 25.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
At this moment in time.....win the Cup.

A few years down the line and with the trophy drought well and truly relieved.....then I would opt for the CL qualification spot.

But next season I am looking for a Cup win AND a top four finish :dance:

FA Cup would be huge.

I'd love it, to see us win silverware. However, i've seen Everton win countless FA Cup matches, including one at Wembley against United in 2009, however, from a selfish view, I'm all about the good times, and being able to enjoy myself, and the sheer enjoyment I had in Wolfsburg and Bern with my mates, and other fellow blues, having an absolute ball, is paramount to maybe only a derby victory.

Whilst I get that 4th doesn't actually guarantee Champions League football, the opportunity to see Everton play at the Camp Nou, Berbabeu, San Siro and quite realistically nowadays possibly get a result, i'd do anything for.

However... if there was a 'Both' option. Definitely this.

I want to win the cup as 2 generations have yet to have that feeling of seeing our captain lift a pot. That is a scandal in itself.

Long term I want to see us playing at the highest level and that means finishing top 4.

Ideally Everton should be aiming for both in the coming seasons, and if Moshiri and USM can bank roll it then we should hopefully get there. It will just not be overnight.

....I think these threads are so ridiculous. It's never a matter of either or. The choice has been talked about so often but both are possible.

I really wonder why folk start a thread like this. You can win the FA Cup and finish top four, I suspect most FA Cup winners do.

....I think these threads are so ridiculous. It's never a matter of either or. The choice has been talked about so often but both are possible.

I really wonder why folk start a thread like this. You can win the FA Cup and finish top four, I suspect most FA Cup winners do.

Indeed.

I always ask myself, what would this fella say.

hqdefault.jpg

..I like @Andy C but our ambition should not be one or the other.

Aye well its a discussion point that comes up now and again.

People have different viewpoints.

Ive watched us win Titles, ive watched us win the FA Cup, ive watched us play in the Europa, the Cup winners and other various crazy european comps, but ive never heard that champions league music at Goodison, so thats my choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.