Goodison Park : New Exterior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Famous football grounds come and go... Burnden Park, Highbury, Roker Park, the Baseball Ground, Maine Road... to name but a few... But I genuinely believe that the day the demolition of Goodison begins, a huge part of the game of football will go with the Grand Old Lady, and tears will be shed by the bucketful.

The emotions that day will undoubtedly bring about will be something incredibly moving to be a part of and witness.

A state-of-the-art new stadium on the riverfront will be utterly fantastic, but Goodison Park will forever live on in our hearts and memories as long as we all draw breath...

Yep, but at least the area will benefit for years after. Like I said in another thread, we are moving for our home games, but not leaving L4.

Famous football grounds come and go... Burnden Park, Highbury, Roker Park, the Baseball Ground, Maine Road... to name but a few... But I genuinely believe that the day the demolition of Goodison begins, a huge part of the game of football will go with the Grand Old Lady, and tears will be shed by the bucketful.

The emotions that day will undoubtedly bring about will be something incredibly moving to be a part of and witness.

A state-of-the-art new stadium on the riverfront will be utterly fantastic, but Goodison Park will forever live on in our hearts and memories as long as we all draw breath...

not letting it happen mate, gonna handcuff myself in the bullens road bogs.

This has got me thinking. Is there anything we can take with us from Goodison and incorporate it into the new ground? The pitch? The Leitch criss-crosses? The bogs?

It would be nice to preserve something of the old lady.

Status
Not open for further replies.