Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor first half along with pretty much everyone else.

Second half when he was actually given the ball he did well, showing some good touches and lay-offs under pressure which will of course be overlooked. Stoke got their tactics right with regard to Lukaku and managed to isolate him. We've got to have an answer for that in future and it comes from the likes of Mirallas and Barkley who didn't do enough tonight.

Poor first half along with pretty much everyone else.

Second half when he was actually given the ball he did well, showing some good touches and lay-offs under pressure which will of course be overlooked. Stoke got their tactics right with regard to Lukaku and managed to isolate him. We've got to have an answer for that in future and it comes from the likes of Mirallas and Barkley who didn't do enough tonight.
He isolated himself on a few occasions. His runs are terrible and the amount of times he's behind the defender on crosses is unbelievable.

mate gets no service because he is too static or offside
Imo the midfielders let him down, for the hundredth time with their 'killer passes'.

He can't get into the game if the ball is never presented to him. Fair doos if he was losing it every time, but today he was anonymous, not 'bad'. I guess both are the same thing in one way, but to me he needs someone closer to him to bring out the best and it's blatantly obvious, too

He isolated himself on a few occasions. His runs are terrible and the amount of times he's behind the defender on crosses is unbelievable.
Putting crosses in when we only have lukaku in the box, never mind being man marked by 2-3 others, is pointless in the first place.

Romelu didn't get much of a chance tonight really. We didn't threaten them in the box much.

The best thing was Davies header from Coleman's cross. Outstanding and the Stoke goalie made a world class save.

Putting crosses in when we only have lukaku in the box, never mind being man marked by 2-3 others, is pointless in the first place.
No it isn't. If we have broken down the wing and he's running in it's the best and only thing to do. He just needs to get in front of the defender a bit more.

No it isn't. If we have broken down the wing and he's running in it's the best and only thing to do. He just needs to get in front of the defender a bit more.
Causing havoc by smashing it along the ground across the box in situations where we have one player in the opposition box seems far more likely to result in a goal, to me.

Edit: unless he is free, obviously, but more often than not he is surrounded and isolated

I thought we were the better team tonight but if we have ambitions to be top four then these are the sort of matches we have to win by the odd goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.