Match Thread Crystal Palace v Everton Sat 21st Jan KO 3pm

How good are our youngsters?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Barkley had an impressive game but should have passed the ball to Lukaku instead of shooting in second half. All has been said of Davis.... another assist. What a player!

Barkley had an impressive game but should have passed the ball to Lukaku instead of shooting in second half. All has been said of Davis.... another assist. What a player!

I'm sure if you watch that replay he can't actually get the ball to Lukaku because a CP player is blocking the pass. I could be wrong like, it has happened once before. Or maybe I'd had a few to Brooklyn Largers before I watched MOTD

If its the one he dragged wide of the keepers right hand post then it was more difficult to pass than shoot. He had every right to shoot and it is only being questioned because it was off target. Hindsight

The Schlupp thing is a complete non-issue. Between him going down and us scoring the ball went out for a throw in. The ref had a chance then, and rightly didn't stop play.

The ball also fell to one of their defenders before the goal and he just cleared straight to Davies when he could/should have launched it into touch.

Palace fans have been having a go at Shearer on Twitter n'all

Great performance. Great atmosphere in the second half - I think as fans we sensed that we had grew into game first half and that Palace were there for the taking, and with Liverpool already having lost and United also 1-0 down, we saw an opportunity to really capitalise and gain points. Atmosphere second half was nothing short of tremendous - think the players, especially Barkley, really reacted to us and exerted further pressure second half to really help us get pin Palace in their own 18 yard box.

I know Barkley, Davies have been getting the plaudits, but really think the one piece of magic in the game that maybe hasn't got enough plaudits is Coleman's touches; the first to control Davies' pass, the second to take it away from the oncoming defender. Top notch

Just got home to Devon! What a game - we were miles better than when I last saw us. That was Barkley's best game I've seen for a while and Davies looks right at home.

The fans were quality. Well, most were. Before the game I was queuing for a wee when this lad came in (hammered) whinging that a copper had taken his spud peeler off him. His mate asked why he had a spud peeler in the first place to which this lad said he was going to stab someone?!!

My reply of, "Don't tell me he took your potatoes too." didnt go down too well. Other than that little encounter, it was my favourite away day for some time. Loved it.

He's working up to Moyes quality.... Hoping to take his potato peeler to a knife fight and failing.

ps, where in Devon you from, I'm 'working' in Exeter as I type this.

Status
Not open for further replies.