January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've been linked with this lad I think

Saw that and thought the same.

Mentioned back in Oct/Nov that he looked a very good player - but that's based on one Genk game I covered for work.

He's very Sterling-esque in a way, though I think very similar to Lookman.

I couldn't see us going for him having brought Lookman in. I'd have thought if we get a forward it'll be an improvement on the Valencia template (e.g. a striker who could also play wide).

Saw that and thought the same.

Mentioned back in Oct/Nov that he looked a very good player - but that's based on one Genk game I covered for work.

He's very Sterling-esque in a way, though I think very similar to Lookman.

I couldn't see us going for him having brought Lookman in. I'd have thought if we get a forward it'll be an improvement on the Valencia template (e.g. a striker who could also play wide).

I doubt Lookman could play an entire season. Not many can even when established.
Having the option of 2 wide forwards who can cause mayhem, be that in the starting 11, or one on, one to come on, is a fabulous weapon to have.

The jettisoning of Del and the aging of Mirallas would show that we could certainly add another all action wide forward to our ranks.

Surprised there isn't more chatter about Harry Maguire from Hull not necessarily from us but just in general- was very highly rated and think we were linked when he left Sheff Utd. Has played most of the games for Hull this year and I know Keown was singing his praises onMOTD2 last night. Thought he looked solid against us (even though he definitely dived to win the freekick Snodgrass scored from) and looked comfortable bringing the ball out into midfield. Think he is 23 so obviously room to improve as well. Obviously isn't in the class of Van Dijk but think there is something to work with.

Random not at all ITK bomb, but we had these scouts (including Royle) at Barnsley the other day.

Funnily enough, on Friday my mate (he's mates with James Bree, they grew up on the same estate) was saying that we wanted Bree.

Think he's off to Villa though.

Does the window shut next Tuesday? Should be interesting to see how deadline day plays out with loads of prem games on that night.

Surprised there isn't more chatter about Harry Maguire from Hull not necessarily from us but just in general- was very highly rated and think we were linked when he left Sheff Utd. Has played most of the games for Hull this year and I know Keown was singing his praises onMOTD2 last night. Thought he looked solid against us (even though he definitely dived to win the freekick Snodgrass scored from) and looked comfortable bringing the ball out into midfield. Think he is 23 so obviously room to improve as well. Obviously isn't in the class of Van Dijk but think there is something to work with.

Thought he looked very comfortable on the ball and distribution was good, big unit this fella.

Random not at all ITK bomb, but we had these scouts (including Royle) at Barnsley the other day.

Funnily enough, on Friday my mate (he's mates with James Bree, they grew up on the same estate) was saying that we wanted Bree.

If we come in for him now I can't imagine him choosing villa.. We have good relations with Barnsley.

Steve Bruce went to personally check out Bree the other week.

The fact they've taken Jones from us on loan would suggest he's off in this window.

Not the type of player we shall go for at this stage.

Proven quality - Van Dijk/Monolas/Gimenez.

We were linked with Bree last year but think its gone quiet on that front - heard Villa and Southampton were in for Bree. Wouldnt surprise me if Royle was there to watch Gethin Jones play his first game and also look to see if its suitable to send any of our other players to Barnsley.

Funny that (it appears) you need to tell them your scout will be there (or request permission?). Surely it's better if scouts just go undercover, as it were, watch the game then report their findings back to the manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.