Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Wasn't happy at Utd
- Happy he's now got the move to an ambitious English club looking to break into top 5
- Happy with the win but shouldn't get carried away with only one win
- If we play like that in the next few games we should win and try to move up the league
- I need to work closely with my barber to find a solution to my barnet

Basically, you could cut and paste any footballer's interview in any language and it would be exactly the same.

...I thought he was on a hiding to nothing coming on yesterday at 2-0. Brave substitution, really, given there was still time enough for City if they pulled a quick goal back. I'm happy with diplomatic 'looked rusty' descriptor.

...I thought he was on a hiding to nothing coming on yesterday at 2-0. Brave substitution, really, given there was still time enough for City if they pulled a quick goal back. I'm happy with diplomatic 'looked rusty' descriptor.

Koemans timing of subs and who he brought on were absolutely spot on yesterday. Morgan came on and no blocked a lot of lines making it harder for city to move it around quicker. Mccarthy came on 9 minutes later and basically stifled the life out of De Bruyne. It was really clever game management and both of them executed it perfectly.

Can I ask everyone who has been using Bolasie's 25 million price tag as a stick to beat him with what their expectations are for Schneiderlin given he cost only 3 million less?

What are you expecting at that price?

Can I ask everyone who has been using Bolasie's 25 million price tag as a stick to beat him with what their expectations are for Schneiderlin given he cost only 3 million less?

What are you expecting at that price?

To be fair, based on what people had seen previously, the Schneiderlin fee looks about the going rate given today's prices.

He was a top class midfielder at Saints whom was sold for a big fee less than two years ago.

Bolasie on the other hand was known to be an inconsistent, fairly average winger and even at today's inflated prices way, way too expensive.

consistency. utter consistency.

which we will get

8/10 every week

To be fair, based on what people had seen previously, the Schneiderlin fee looks about the going rate given today's prices.

He was a top class midfielder at Saints whom was sold for a big fee less than two years ago.

Bolasie on the other hand was known to be an inconsistent, fairly average winger and even at today's inflated prices way, way too expensive.

The way some people have gone on about Bolasie and his price I'm fully expecting people to slate Schneiderlin if he doesn't score or assist a goal each week as that seems to be what is considered a reasonable expectation for Bolasie's price.

I think Bolasie didn't half get a raw deal from some of our fans before his unfortunate injury. He was setting up goals and people were still slating him every week.

The way some people have gone on about Bolasie and his price I'm fully expecting people to slate Schneiderlin if he doesn't score or assist a goal each week as that seems to be what is considered a reasonable expectation for Bolasie's price.

I think Bolasie didn't half get a raw deal from some of our fans before his unfortunate injury. He was setting up goals and people were still slating him every week.

snides is a stopper not a goal getter..

He was mostly dreadful, Jake.

He was a very average player and even in today's hyper inflated transfer market cost at least twice as much as he was worth.

Schneiderlin is a bargain price compared to Bolasie.

He was mostly dreadful, Jake.

He was a very average player and even in today's hyper inflated transfer market cost at least twice as much as he was worth.

Schneiderlin is a bargain price compared to Bolasie.

I disagree Khal, I thought he was one of our better players during a period of adjustment for the entire team. He was nowhere close to being dreadful in comparison to the rest of the team and consistently was one of our better and most productive players during a period when the entire team was struggling.

Bolasie was a goal supplier not a goal getter and he did that rather well.
I'm sorry for the outlay, you'd expect bolasie to provide goals and assists. However if you look at his record he's never been a prolific scorer. Hence why many feel we paid too much for the lad in the first place.

I'm sorry for the outlay, you'd expect bolasie to provide goals and assists. However if you look at his record he's never been a prolific scorer. Hence why many feel we paid too much for the lad in the first place.

What I'm saying is if people have this certain level of expectations for Bolasie's goal and assist production based on what should be reasonably expected for his fee then what are the reasonable expectation for Schneiderlin given that he has also cost over 20 million pounds?

It doesn't seem like they're going to be judged similarly to me. People have these expectations for Bolasie to score and set up loads of goals because he cost 25 million and is a winger but nobody seems to be putting the same pressure on Schneiderlin to justify his fee in a similar way.

Status
Not open for further replies.