January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
50m was spent in the summer for little or no return - so what are you going to do? Give him another 50m?
I suppose the Board might look at it that way. But ultimately they have to back him on what he wants, or take action and do something about it. Can't see that just yet.
I'm sure part of him negotiating his contract would've been on the understanding there'd be funds available. And I don't mean 'sell to buy', which it effectively was in the summer (in the end).

Seen that this morning, Villa or WBA

15m for McCarthy would you think?

Makes you wonder why we only wanted to spend 19m on Morgs doesn't it

...I saw £13m quoted. I wonder if McCarthy might still be of use to RK but my own concern is the continuing hamstring problem. He played well against Arsenal but broke down during the first half in the Derby. Players automatically start protecting the hamstring, I suspect this is what McCarthy has been doing during the period his form dipped. He goes flat out in a game and a half and the injury surfaces again.

It must be a factor in whether he stays or not.

...I saw £13m quoted. I wonder if McCarthy might still be of use to RK but my own concern is the continuing hamstring problem. He played well against Arsenal but broke down during the first half in the Derby. Players automatically start protecting the hamstring, I suspect this is what McCarthy has been doing during the period his form dipped. He goes flat out in a game and a half and the injury surfaces again.

It must be a factor in whether he stays or not.

He wouldn't be the first player out the door, We have Gibson and Cleverly who id be giving the boot first

He wouldn't be the first player out the door, We have Gibson and Cleverly who id be giving the boot first

....as I said before, Ernie, it's not always easy to move players out. I'm sure the club would let Cleverley and Gibson go but there needs to be other factors - somebody wants them; the players are happy to leave; the finance/deal has to be accepted by all three parties.

A mad thought but maybe there's just seven days out of thirty one gone in January and we'd be a bit daft to draw conclusions from that.

Sounds radical but just think about it for a moment.
"Simple explanation that covers all that transpired during the summer and this window so far."

....as I said before, Ernie, it's not always easy to move players out. I'm sure the club would let Cleverley and Gibson go but there needs to be other factors - somebody wants them; the players are happy to leave; the finance/deal has to be accepted by all three parties.

I would ship the pair out on free's

How much would we save on wages over the rest of there contract

I'd definitely keep McCarthy - it's the likes of Cleverly, Gibson and Besic that need to be gone before he does. I like Besic, but he's been with us a while now and never really played more than 5-6 games without getting injured it seems.

All well and good but the club can't make them go, unless they pay up their contract. No doubt the players would rather be playing regularly but that will be balanced with the money they get each week. They won't walk away from a fortune so they won't go unless another club will give them a comparable amount.

All well and good but the club can't make them go, unless they pay up their contract. No doubt the players would rather be playing regularly but that will be balanced with the money they get each week. They won't walk away from a fortune so they won't go unless another club will give them a comparable amount.

If you offer those two right now on a free there would be plenty of clubs willing to take them

Think Clev has 2 1/2 years left on a 5 year contract at 50k a week (jesus Christ) so that's nearly 6m saved binning him off on a free

When we have a bad game for me you should look at the faults.

Goal 1 - no pace at centre back hence why we drop back. Baines is the only covering player when Musa arrives so the other centre back isn't aware too.

Fault Goal 1 - Williams and Funes Mori

Goal 2 - no strength or pace in middle of midfield. Only pressing being done is by one player (Deulofeu) instead of the team which frees up space. Musa glades past Barry sets up the one two and Again no closing on the ball allows Musa free on another one to one.

Fault Goal 2 - Barry, Davies and Funes Mori.

We need to improve the spine of our team front to back. Keeper, Centre backs and Centre midfielders. We also need to give Lukaku some competition, it will only benefit him and us.

Get these players in now, bed them in because the best we could achieve is 6th

...but the players mightn't be happy with frees. I suspect they would demand we pay a significant part of their contract up. It comes to a point where we demand a fee otherwise we might as well keep them.

...but the players mightn't be happy with frees. I suspect they would demand we pay a significant part of their contract up. It comes to a point where we demand a fee otherwise we might as well keep them.

I don't mean release them, Sorry should have been clear, I mean offer them to clubs for no transfer fee

Player would get a new signing on fee, More playing time and we save millions in wages

Status
Not open for further replies.