January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd go with this too. 2 or 3 in staightaway would've been a statement (and what was needed). 1 or 2 more towards the end of the window with 1 or 2 out would've been the icing on the cake. Given what happened yesterday, its added fuel to the fire. I reckon he fully expected Lookman and Schneiderlin in before the Leicester game. Even Mourinho said in his press conference on Friday that two weeks ago it all seemed done per 2 players no longer involved in his plans (Schneids and probs Depay).
I've read different things, one article saying we've changed our offer since agreeing terms with United last month and another saying United now want more money. It's probably a bit of both but given our desperate need for midfielders - and players in general and the big BIG words from Moshiri etc I don't get why we don't just pay it what they want. All these drawn out and messy negotiations make us look proper amateur and give the impression Nothing has changed here at Everton to the outside world.

I'd go with this too. 2 or 3 in staightaway would've been a statement (and what was needed). 1 or 2 more towards the end of the window with 1 or 2 out would've been the icing on the cake. Given what happened yesterday, its added fuel to the fire. I reckon he fully expected Lookman and Schneiderlin in before the Leicester game. Even Mourinho said in his press conference on Friday that two weeks ago it all seemed done per 2 players no longer involved in his plans (Schneids and probs Depay).
Just not sure the board are convinced by koeman

Niasse
Gibson
Barry
Jags
Rodriguez
McGeady

Can all go with him. I don't like that a great servant like Jags is getting such a hard time from the fans, in his day he was brilliant for us. Time and injuries have taken their toll on him, but he has been a mainstay for years.

...it's more about who we get in. Moving players out who are on big contracts will always be a challenge, folk get frustrated and demand they go but it really isn't easy. Saying that, from a fair play rules perspective the 'unused' are taking up valuable salary space and any income that could be generated would be welcome.

It's best to forget about the unused and not get hung up about it. I'm sure the club are doing all they can to move them on.

This was always going to happen - the summer was an utter failure on many fronts.

We failed to ship out any of our deadwood (60-70% of the squad) and failed to sign any of our top targets. Other than - Idrissa Gana
Gueye !

The season was a write off before it even began. Let's build for next season aye ?

Status
Not open for further replies.