New Everton Stadium Discussion

The club said last night that the dock is the preferred site.

The council have said they're working to facilitate this.

So naturally people are fuming about Stonebridge? :Blink:

You're right. There is a lot of positives to take from what was said yesterday. I think the Major in particularly gave us what we wanted. Clear indication that they are trying their best to get the dock site.

I included was hoping they'd say it was pretty much wrapped up. But I didn't expect it. I get it's not so simple. It's a mighty big, complicated and expensive project.

Because it's not our property and the council will want a cut of that sponsorship and rightly so. It was the region's tax payers money which bought it.

Same as West Ham have to pay a large chunk of the naming rights to their stadium to the council as will.
Don't think it's the same situation tbh but perhaps there is something in the lease. It fairly unusual for a training ground to have naming rights so fair play to LLC if they had the foresight to stick a clause in.

Thanks @Groucho.

I remembered the site...just not the name. I drive past the area a lot.

From a practical point of view it makes a lot of sense. For most people including myself, it'd probably be easier to get to. But it'd loose any kind of magic. It'd be like driving up to the Reebok stadium.

I'm concerned we're being built up for a fall. I imagine they'll price up both sites...and SC will be astronomically cheaper.

Plan for the worst...hope for best.

Access and egress to the site will not be a problem come the time of use. There will be a fantastic infrastructure there to deal with it, that will only get better as time progresses. Look at how quickly they can move people out of Wembley, the road links there are horrific, they move as much of that as possible to the rail system and it works just fine. I could see a system similar to some German and Spanish clubs and their local travel, that we could have a discounted train ticket with a match ticket for use on Merseyrail.

- according to other people on here: we need to fill-in a dock. I imagine this comes with a lot of complications in regards to foundations of such a large structure.

- transport. With it being by a river...it has 50 less routes out than a site that is land-locked. And it doesn't have any existed decent roads.

These problems probably aren't TOO difficult to overcome. But when you're comparing to other sites without these headaches...it must be tempting to just go with them.

Cheers, that's useful. Must be some other factors too though as those alone wouldn't stopping us from committing to it I wouldn't have thought.

Access and egress to the site will not be a problem come the time of use. There will be a fantastic infrastructure there to deal with it, that will only get better as time progresses. Look at how quickly they can move people out of Wembley, the road links there are horrific, they move as much of that as possible to the rail system and it works just fine. I could see a system similar to some German and Spanish clubs and their local travel, that we could have a discounted train ticket with a match ticket for use on Merseyrail.
Is that because we will all be able to teleport into the stadium by that point?

- according to other people on here: we need to fill-in a dock. I imagine this comes with a lot of complications in regards to foundations of such a large structure.

- transport. With it being by a river...it has 50 less routes out than a site that is land-locked. And it doesn't have any existed decent roads.

These problems probably aren't TOO difficult to overcome. But when you're comparing to other sites without these headaches...it must be tempting to just go with them.
I walk through the city (London) every day and see a lot of building work going on. The depth of the foundations is astonishing, often a good 4 storeys down. The fact the dock needs draining is potentially beneficial, removing the water should be a simple task; the resulting basin would've needed to be excavated anyway so saves us a job.

"Many years ago, Everton fans where distraught on missing out on the stadium opportunity of a life time, a dockside stadium that was coinciding with mass investments into the city centre.

Things are about to change, however, new ownership and a war chest to make other league rivals green with envy are about to come into fruitrition, everton are on the way back to where they belong.

The Checkatrade EFL trophy parade is set to start in Warrington, travelling down the East Lancs to the recently reduced capacity Home & Bargains stadium at Stonebridge Cross, coinciding with the ten year anniversary of Everton's current home."

"Many years ago, Everton fans where distraught on missing out on the stadium opportunity of a life time, a dockside stadium that was coinciding with mass investments into the city centre.

Things are about to change, however, new ownership and a war chest to make other league rivals green with envy are about to come into fruitrition, everton are on the way back to where they belong.

The Checkatrade EFL trophy parade is set to start in Warrington, travelling down the East Lancs to the recently reduced capacity Home & Bargains stadium at Stonebridge Cross, coinciding with the ten year anniversary of Everton's current home."
Ironically, you could almost be describing Kings Dock and Kirkby in that tale.

Ironically, you could almost be describing Kings Dock and Kirkby in that tale.

That's kind of what I was trying to do mate.

Seriously, I hope we get the BMD but it's natural to not feel confident after our past - I'll take Moshiri's words for it but not Joe's, Elstones or Kenwrights not a chance, they are dramatic liars and they've gotten away with too much in the past.

Have to disagree about the transport options regarding SC. The dock site is close to the city centre, and consequently better placed for public transport . SC pretty much has only road transport as an option, which on match days would be heavily congested and slow going. Added to that it's difficult to see us getting any extra use from a stadium in a backwater far from town, which is surely one of the main reasons in building a new stadium.
Anyway it's gonna be the dock, isn't it???

I don't think it is all to do with location, listening to Elstone last night, the new ground has to make the club money, it is not a case of Moshiri giving us 300 mil and us building a ground, the words Viable and sustainable were used, we will borrow money to build the ground, Moshiri and his business partners will enable us to borrow where previously we could not.
At this point there is nothing in the surrounding area, so we need other businesses in the area that will bring people to the ground on none match days, etc. To keep it bringing in money 365 days a year, also how much can we charge people to sit in the new ground? How much corporate income can we generate? How much sponsorship and naming rights can we generate, how much monthly repayments can we afford on the loans and still generate profit? We want a top class Stadium, but is has to make money are Evertonians suddenly going to start spending huge amounts on club merchandise just because we move to a new stadium?
I think these are the significant issues that are the problem not the location or the build. I think they are dead set on BMD but still do not have a viable business plan to make it work.
Only my opinion