YOUR MOST MEMORABLE BOXING DAY FIXTURE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1969/70 season - Man City away, won 3 - 1. Small payback for losing the FAC Cup semi the previous season, but more importantly an excellent away win on the way to being Champions. Also remembered for after match activity. Following the final whistle a small mob of City skins had left the Kippax Street, and were waiting at the bottom of the exit steps of the old Scoreboard away end, chanting 'Oooh, all together!' like pretend Zulus, and looking for agro ... and got it!

1969/70 season - Man City away, won 3 - 1. Small payback for losing the FAC Cup semi the previous season, but more importantly an excellent away win on the way to being Champions. Also remembered for after match activity. Following the final whistle a small mob of City skins had left the Kippax Street, and were waiting at the bottom of the exit steps of the old Scoreboard away end, chanting 'Oooh, all together!' like pretend Zulus, and looking for agro ... and got it!

Hate to spoil the memory but got a sneaky feeling the 1 - 3 was the previous season. Could be wrong ...

We played Boro in the 90s, can't remember the score but it was a bad winter and the buses from town were delayed to due the weather. Me and me arl fella got off at county road and as we were walking up one of the streets, about 3:10pm we heard this almighty yelp, like a dog had been booted in the balls each from Goodison.

Gets in the ground to our seat, asks the fella what the hell that noise was. Fella replies "that was juninho lad, parkinson has just put him in the bullens".

The poor little samba boy didn't touch the ball again that game

Everton 4 - 0 Boro 1995 even though I was only a kid and the only thing I can remember is Parkinson snapping Juninho at the earliest opportunity and Juninho went missing all game

Has any injury ever cost us more than his? I can only think of Southall in 1986 as a parallel, but even that didn't utterly and permanently wreck that side.

Hate to spoil the memory but got a sneaky feeling the 1 - 3 was the previous season. Could be wrong ...
City away in 1969-70 title season was 1-1. Boxing Day 3-1 was season before therefore same season as but prior to the semi final defeat. Had to look it up !!!

As some have already said. The 3-1 v Man Utd during 1985/6. Was convinced we were going to win the league again (after 84/5) that season. It was a champions performance. Unfortunately it went wrong on two counts!

Status
Not open for further replies.