Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,259 92.3%

• Total voters
So you felt flat and empty against Arsenal?

We always have one do or die game against an evil 'Sky lovie' team, as does nearly every side struggling in the league.

So yes to a certain extent. One swallow does not make a spring.
I want to see 10 wins on the bounce, not the odd win in 6-8 matches in which we fail to beat the likes of Swansea, Bournemouth, Burnley, Crystal Palace, Watford and a lower league Norwich. It is not good enough.

We always have one do or die game against an evil 'Sky lovie' team, as does nearly every side struggling in the league.

So yes to a certain extent. One swallow does not make a spring.
I want to see 10 wins on the bounce, not the odd win in 6-8 matches in which we fail to beat the likes of Swansea, Bournemouth, Burnley, Crystal Palace, Watford and a lower league Norwich. It is not good enough.

Very few teams can manage that ffs

I can take losing. Just not to them

With all due respect mate, your posting history suggests the bold isn't true !

Ignoring losing to them though, which is different ...

up to a point, not taking losing is fine by the way. The day we just accept a loss without feeling crap would be a bad day, but, some losses are inevitable, and it does no harm to be able to see some good things even when we lose.

Otherwise you are just venting into empty space on the internet and everyone thinks "Oh, there's Angry Tim again" and quickly moves on.

With all due respect mate, your posting history suggests the bold isn't true !

Ignoring losing to them though, which is different ...

up to a point, not taking losing is fine by the way. The day we just accept a loss without feeling crap would be a bad day, but, some losses are inevitable, and it does no harm to be able to see some good things even when we lose.

Otherwise you are just venting into empty space on the internet and everyone thinks "Oh, there's Angry Tim again" and quickly moves on.

I'm not angry in real life tho lol

GOT is my solace for venting haha. But yea everything I say in the hours after a loss is even more idiotic than my usual ramblings.

You should try it after we lose mate.
"Kick something solid before you post" should be everyone's motto on here !

Adopt a cat or something

*disclaimer - I'm not really advocating cruelty to animals here, just keep them on their toes.
DOK-01-RK0672-01P.JPG

You should try it after we lose mate.
"Kick something solid before you post" should be everyone's motto on here !

Adopt a cat or something

*disclaimer - I'm not really advocating cruelty to animals here, just keep them on their toes.

I do remember hammering a ball off the back wall of the house with my cricket bat after the Clattenberg derby when I was an angry 12 year old lol

Randy Lerner is much maligned. His choice of managers was bad, but he put his money where his mouth was at least initially.
A most disturbing post given that it foreshadows one possible future.
Villa is a cautionary tale with sombre echoes. The stability of the Moyes era has given way to decline.
The Mosh promises a brighter future but if we turn into an unsuccessful money pit he may lose interest like Lerner.
Everything depends on the manager and, to a lesser degree, the DOF performing.
So far not so good but okay, RK hasn't had a full season yet. Needs to up his game a lot and soon.

Last edited:

Villa is a cautionary tale with sombre echoes. The stability of the Moyes era has given way to decline.
The Mosh promises a brighter future but if we turn into an unsuccessful money pit he may lose interest like Lerner.
So far not so good but okay, RK hasn't a full season yet. Needs to up his game a lot and soon.
Was merely pointing out that the general villification of Lerner is rather unfair. Nothing more, nothing less.
From memory, I was unfair saying initially, it was only his last couple of years or that the purse strings were tightened.
But yes, given the cheque-book approach and general lack of longevity of managers in football these days, Villa is worth studying to ensure that the same mistakes are avoided.

I'm pretty sure farhad will class koeman as under performing and will question his long ball tactics. A tactic no top side uses

However this club to me has been and always will be until the top men leave a selling club that is happy to plod midtable collect the prem money and make a few quid in the market.

Until someone with ambition comes in, on and off there pitch we will continue to suffer

The Chang deal needs scrapping and a new deal put in place. Simple laziness extending the deal with them which only increased last time by the amount of inflation

So far not so good but okay, RK hasn't had a full season yet. Needs to up his game a lot and soon.

That is a bit scary. I was going to say Villa put their faith into the wrong managers and it could happen to us just as eay. Lerner did give money to the cause but at the first bit of success their key players got pinched by Utd and City. O'Neill wasted loads on mediocre crap trying to pull off 5th again. Back to us and Moshiri though.

The potential of a new stadium is getting closer and closer every day. A stadium at the docks, not Kirkby Tescodome. Moshiri has officially cleared our debts, something that I wouldn't have pictured this time last year, and he doesn't even own all of the club yet. That's amazing to me, 54 million out of pocket into the club's debt and 80 million total for the club. Once the planning agreements go through for the stadium Everton the business are debt-free and going to be able to secure funding to actually build a new stadium.

A year ago this was a pipe dream. Anyone having a go at Moshiri or doubting him should see that he has already put his money where his mouth his with an 80 million quid interest-free loan.

Will probably get piped down for this, but the scariest bit to me about the debt that's just been cleared is that we increased our short term borrowings in anticipation of the increased TV deal by 16 million to 35 million.
If BK RE JW and AA had not sold out, this would be to my mind a one off injection as the servicing and repayment of that debt would probably have not allowed for any great increase in the future, so the team assembled using that money would either have had to be the finished article until CL qualification or we would be back to selling to buy as a way of improving/surviving.
Another thing that I don't get is how could we have had any ground move under the old shareholders - which one of them would have/could have cleared the Pru?
Just thinking out loud here.

Will probably get piped down for this, but the scariest bit to me about the debt that's just been cleared is that we increased our short term borrowings in anticipation of the increased TV deal by 16 million to 35 million.
If BK RE JW and AA had not sold out, this would be to my mind a one off injection as the servicing and repayment of that debt would probably have not allowed for any great increase in the future, so the team assembled using that money would either have had to be the finished article until CL qualification or we would be back to selling to buy as a way of improving/surviving.
Another thing that I don't get is how could we have had any ground move under the old shareholders - which one of them would have/could have cleared the Pru?
Just thinking out loud here.
So, what you're saying is Moshiri is our literal saviour and the Kenwright club are a gang of pretenders weighing the club down like an anchor? Nobody is going to tell you to pipe down saying that mate.