Phil Jagielka

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon Captain Jags has a bit more footie in him but he doesn't much care for the manager.
He's the captain of Everton and his voice carries some 'weight'.
Koeman needs to start playing him again or he might lose the dressing room completely.

Nah! Can't be top quality if you've never been able to pass a football.
He used ping long diagonal balls perfectly to the likes of Baines and Pienaar on a weekly basis, he could pass fine to closer players too. He is just not great at keeping it and passing it calmly when players are bearing down on him... probably because as a defender... its a mental thing to do. Which is why we kept losing games under Martinez, if the striker is nearly on you.. get rid fff.

Have a feeling he'll be re-called tonight though I hope he's not. Funes Mori may not be the long-term answer but Jagielka is done and if he ever plays against top quality forwards it will be a massacre.

Nah! Can't be top quality if you've never been able to pass a football.
I recall him passing some lovely long diagonal balls out to the flanks.
He's still got that in his locker but Koeman's insistence on rowZ football from our CBs are hampering this component of his game.
He's still got a big future with Everton (and England) and whilst he has our club's captain armband, he deserves to be the first name on every teamsheet.

Age has hit him like a train, even if it was a needed foul how many of them has he done this season that haven't been needed and cost us goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.