Yannick Bolasie

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Its amazes me how people can forget this"

So i take it hes responding to most palace posters being thrilled that they are selling him for a stupid amount then...

In between £20-22mil is the common consensus among outlets not wanting to sensationalise it mate - with £25m/28mil possible with numeros add ons that may or may not come to fruition.

Yes, it's a lot of money for a player who really is probably worth £10m less, but I'd say £10m is probably the 'PL premium' in this current market.

"Its amazes me how people can forget this"

So i take it hes responding to most palace posters being thrilled that they are selling him for a stupid amount then...

A lot of Everton posters are happy about the amount we sold stones for mate, the fee only becomes relevant if we lose other targets due to amount we paid, which only time will tell us

Palace aren't happy he's been sold by a long stretch, they are vhapy at the amount he got sold for which is a subtle difference, they are also happy because they believe they will finally be able to get in a striker better than the dross they have there which you can understand

Is he better than what we have currently on the left? possibly - certainly only Mirallas comes close to him i'd say, and honestly mate we have been linked with nothing quality wise on the left all summer - so maybe suggests that Bolasie was the choice for that spot all along, end of the day we will see how it pans out, IF he can get Bolasie to consistantly perform like he does in certain games every season then those critical of the deal (myself included) could end up with massive vauliting going on them, which i hope happens

For my opinion, he is an impact player and one who provieds a shedload of pace on the counter as well, Bolasie in a team will instantly push the opponents backline back 10 yards and can see him being penned in for a similar role that Koeman had Mane playing.

Trying to not knee jerk atm - although have done a few times the past week, but the window is still open and could still go either way (meh to very good)

And again mate he offers a real difference in that he actually has a bit of power about him.

How many times do Kev and Del, as good as they are, run down blind alleys only to get shirked off the ball. Bolasie may run down blind alleys at times, but his strength often helps him get out of tight squeezes, rather than just relying on pace.

There seems to be a lot of negativity about this lad but there are a few reasons why its not all bad news:
  • The money in football has gone crazy and being idealistic about it will only see us getting left behind. If we can afford the fee then what is important is whether RK thinks he will fit into his system.
  • Del was amazing for a spell last season but Lennon offered a different dimension to our play as a speedy winger prepared to run to the byline. There is a time and place for specific approaches but we dont have that flexibility on the left, Bolasie would give us that option.
  • We played Kone and Clev on the left last season.
  • We have been unsuccessful lately and its going to be hard to get top level players onboard as soon as money comes into the club. Mata might be a possibility and that would be a monumental signing for Everton but the rest of the signing aren't going to be at that level.
  • To reinforce the point above and provide context, when Man City got money after being unsuccesful for a lengthy period of time they signed Benjani. Bolasie is infinitely better than Benjani.

Yannick Bolasie is still awaiting permission from Crystal Palace to travel to Merseyside to tie up his move to Everton, according to Sky sources.
The fee for the 27-year-old - which could rise to £30m - has been agreed between the two Premier League clubs.
However, the DR Congo international is yet to travel to Goodison Park and is expected to train with Palace today.
-----
Why hasn't he yet been allowed to travel for a medical and he is expected to train with Palace if the fee has been agreed ?

"One of the leagues best wingers"

:) :) :)

Better than Ibe, Navas, Lennon Young, Depay, Cudardo, Anya, Gradel, Lens, Pugh, Stanislav, Dyer, Routledge, Son, Chadli, Matt Phillips, McClean, McMannamanmanmanman, Tore, Zaha and arguably Feghouli, and Townsend

I'll concede that Sterling, Mane, Nolito, Willian, Pedro, Lingard and Sane are better.

Yannick Bolasie is still awaiting permission from Crystal Palace to travel to Merseyside to tie up his move to Everton, according to Sky sources.
The fee for the 27-year-old - which could rise to £30m - has been agreed between the two Premier League clubs.
However, the DR Congo international is yet to travel to Goodison Park and is expected to train with Palace today.
-----
Why hasn't he yet been allowed to travel for a medical and he is expected to train with Palace if the fee has been agreed ?
They obviously want to get a replacement sorted before allowing him to complete the move.

Better than Ibe, Navas, Lennon Young, Depay, Cudardo, Anya, Gradel, Lens, Pugh, Stanislav, Dyer, Routledge, Son, Chadli, Matt Phillips, McClean, McMannamanmanmanman, Tore, Zaha and arguably Feghouli, and Townsend

I'll concede that Sterling, Mane, Nolito, Willian, Pedro, Lingard and Sane are better.
Sterling is utter garbage. Mcgeady is better....he is comically bad

Lingard is utter toilet mate. Every United fan I know doesn't rate him. Being honest, have you ever seen Sane play or you going off reputation? I've certainly never seen him play. Sterling has also been pure AIDS since signing for city.

It's not as simple as such and such is better than such and such.

Watch Depay this season.

Wouldn't thank you for Pedro, well overrated imo. A player like Joe Cole that found his level being a bit part player in a successful team and incapable of playing 90 mins consistently.

i thought they wanted to use the money for Benteke? They already have Zaha and Townsend so they don't need a winger. It's very odd.
benteke hasn't been given the green light to travel by liverpool yet.

It's not that odd it's just a domino affect.

Bolasie is still one of their key players, they wont let him leave unless they get a key target green lighted of their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.