• Begovic

• Indi

• Bony

• Nasri

• Samways on toast

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Said on other threads mate, Hart wouldn't be my first or even second choice by a mile, but tit or not he is miles better than what we have had for years (since Martyn) he is a leader and would be a signing that would shock a lot of media who think he's too good for us.

We'd go from arguably having the worst starting keeper in the league last season and bottom 3-4 this, to having maybe the 5th best this season (after De Gea, Lloris, Cech - maybe on par with Courtous and Ter Stegen should City buy him) - can't think of a single signing that would improve in one position as much in the team - and IF he is available and willing to come then we could potentially sort it fast and he would have zero bedding in time as we'd get with a keeper from abroad.

I don't rate Hart, but agree he's a step up from Joel/Stek. Plenty of top keeps playing in Europe, but we're not linked with any.

Said on other threads mate, Hart wouldn't be my first or even second choice by a mile, but tit or not he is miles better than what we have had for years (since Martyn) he is a leader and would be a signing that would shock a lot of media who think he's too good for us.

We'd go from arguably having the worst starting keeper in the league last season and bottom 3-4 this, to having maybe the 5th best this season (after De Gea, Lloris, Cech - maybe on par with Courtous and Ter Stegen should City buy him) - can't think of a single signing that would improve in one position as much in the team - and IF he is available and willing to come then we could potentially sort it fast and he would have zero bedding in time as we'd get with a keeper from abroad.
I think another keeper is needed but I wouldn't say Stekelenberg is that low down on the list of PL goalies...and if we do sign another keeper I could definitely see Robles being sold,no way you need 3 senior goalies.

91821d904b3d47b2bb39bf9b631bd5c4.png

I'd love to see some distinctly average players come in to even out the squad.

Oh wait.....................who says dreams don't come true.
Welcome Williams, Indy and Bony....
Proper Stoke under Pulis signings I'm sorry very underwhelming players we are linked with today.

Mata & Williams are the big favourites...if we land them and just lose Stones I for one will be ok with the Window. It'll end up being a negative net-spend and after all the hype a bit meh, but realistically we would've improved:

Out: Stones, Osman, Pienaar, Hibbert, Howard (only one regular first-11 and even as squad-filler the others would've been weak options)

In: Stek, Gueye, Mata, Williams (the latter two regular first-11, the other two seemingly-decent squad options)

Make it happen, Mosh.

Mata & Williams are the big favourites...if we land them and just lose Stones I for one will be ok with the Window. It'll end up being a negative net-spend and after all the hype a bit meh, but realistically we would've improved:

Out: Stones, Osman, Pienaar, Hibbert, Howard (only one regular first-11 and even as squad-filler the others would've been weak options)

In: Stek, Gueye, Mata, Williams (the latter two regular first-11, the other two seemingly-decent squad options)

Make it happen, Mosh.
Gueye will probably replace McCarthy as a starter/second choice (depending on injuries etc.) the way this is going.

Gueye will probably replace McCarthy as a starter/second choice (depending on injuries etc.) the way this is going.

If he ends up better (better at hassling opposition, better distribution, more drive) then sure. Macca is tidy and functional, a solid midfield carrier. But a better all-round player in that position will make him look redundant quite quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.