Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
and then spending the money on a Stoke player

bf9.gif
Butland!

But we're missing out on valuable training time, it takes a while to get lads integrated and we've wasted 3 weeks so far.

I reckon that's not as much an opinion as perhaps others do.
These are professional footy players and can join a team and be ok.

When we signed Lukaku, McCarthy and Barry they all settled in right away.

Just not a biggy for me. But I can understand why people could worry about it.

Its preferable to have all players at the start of pre season, but sometimes circumstances don't allow this to happen.
Koeman, although in the prem for a couple of years and will know of the players. He will still have needed to see players in training etc, to decide who goes or stays, I don't think that's wasted weeks.
Us fans see players from other teams and don't rate them, but when they play for us and we see them regularly, opinions can change.
There will have been player targets, but Koeman will have had to ok them. The new DoF may or may not have input into this transfer window.
Lukaku et al, were already in the prem so maybe easier to settle, so that might be a concern if the players are from abroad.
In the 'net spend' thread I estimated 77mill, which includes the Stones sale. This for me should concentrate on 3 or 4 players that could improve the team. I don't think its beneficial to have complete upheaval of the team, although a few squad players might be needed depending on departures.
Hopefully, signings will start happening now that the management staff is sorted.

Underwhelmed by Arnautovic if he signs but our business as a whole in the summer can only be judged when the window shuts.

If Koeman can bring in another 4-5 signings as well including 2 or 3 players to whet the appetite a bit more then that will be great. Despite the claims of a budget of £100m + sales I have never expected that we will buy 5 or 6 £30m players. So by extension there will be room for the likes of Arnautovic who don't necessarily get the pulse up as a signing. If Koeman sees him filling a gap in the squad it's fine by me.

As with every player I'll get behind Arnautovic 110% if he signs.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ustria-forward-opts-against-Potters-stay.html

Dominic King is reporting that we want Arnautovic too

Everton in talks to sign Marko Arnautovic in £12.5m deal as Austria forward opts against Stoke City stay
  • Marko Arnautovic has one year remaining of his contract at Stoke City
  • Everton set to trigger £12.5m release clause in Austria forward's deal
  • Arnautovic has been holding out for £80,000 a week at bet365 Stadium
  • Toffees are aiming to offload £13.5m flop Oumar Niasse to Galatasaray
By Simon Jones and Dominic King For The Daily Mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ustria-forward-opts-against-Potters-stay.html

Dominic King is reporting that we want Arnautovic too

Everton in talks to sign Marko Arnautovic in £12.5m deal as Austria forward opts against Stoke City stay
  • Marko Arnautovic has one year remaining of his contract at Stoke City
  • Everton set to trigger £12.5m release clause in Austria forward's deal
  • Arnautovic has been holding out for £80,000 a week at bet365 Stadium
  • Toffees are aiming to offload £13.5m flop Oumar Niasse to Galatasaray
By Simon Jones and Dominic King For The Daily Mail

Also says that we won't pay £80k a week either.

That Mail article is rather negative in places.

"Frustrating for Koeman".....missed out on Pelle........problems with terms for Arnautovic....

Reckon we might be having problems getting first choice targets in, hope not of course.

From Mata, Witsel, Carvalho and Koulibaly to Brady, Arnautovic and Fonte.

Status
Not open for further replies.