Votes: 52 6.0%
  • OUT

Votes: 727 84.4%
  • Shake it all about

Votes: 82 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether this is a good appointment depends upon the remit of his role.

If his duties are to (in tandem with the manager ) scout and /or identify potential signings and then be intergral to the negotiations that follow then he sounds like a great appointment.

However if his job description includes overseeing and implentation of all aspects of football at Everton he sounds seriously underqualified.

Would the latter be for Joe Royle?

Whether this is a good appointment depends upon the remit of his role.

If his duties are to (in tandem with the manager ) scout and /or identify potential signings and then be intergral to the negotiations that follow then he sounds like a great appointment.

However if his job description includes overseeing and implentation of all aspects of football at Everton he sounds seriously underqualified.

A 40 year career in football and you say hes underqualified.

An interesting but very flawed viewpoint.

I wonder how this will affect Dr Peter Vints role within the club.

Probably not much, just another person to provide some input on how to design his analytics based around the long-term strategy for the academy and recruiting process. He might just expand the scope of what type of metrics/data are going to be collected, based on what I was reading about Monchi that is a big part of their job. They help determine what information is useful in aiding the recruitment process and the Dr. fella will be overseeing implementation of what Walsh is looking for.

I agree with this, its his forte, finding talent to fit the role required and in doing so saves us a ton of dough. The only problem I can see is on here, new signing J Blogs hot off the press costing us £3mil, that announcement would be followed by 'who the f--- is he', 'told you we had no cash' 'BK is a barsteward' followed by other such numpty moans. Whatever he does he will not waste £13.5 mil as his predecessor did, he will get value for money and at his age he has all the experience in the world.

Welcome Mr Walsh

That's Moneyball isn't it?

But what about the sugar?

I couldn't think of a way to link sugar with Everton. Which I now realise is foolish of course...

First you get the toffee, then you get the money... etc.

Obvious I guess.

But anyways, back on topix :)

Surely with a DoF now in place we should see some movement on the transfer front? I'll confess to a little excitement now. By which I mean I have a semi.

Status
Not open for further replies.