Transfer Rumour Axel Witsel

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you are admitting to WUMing? Reported.

How can my saying that in the interest of harmony I take something back be an admission of WUM:ing?

I´ve been a member on this forum for a while and I´ve never posted with the ambition of winding anyone up.

All I did was voice an opinion on a player.

You ITK lad?

Now I don't know, what I don't know
But what I know is this
If ever I knew what I don't know
I think I'd give it a miss

I know you know that I don't know
Does that make you a hater
But what I know that you'll never know
Is that I will know sooner or later

But knowing is the art of know
An art that knows no bidding
And I'd like to be that man who knows
But an ITK , you're kidding.....

Peteblue, copyright 17th July 2016......

Now I don't know, what I don't know
But what I know is this
If ever I knew what I don't know
I think I'd give it a miss

I know you know that I don't know
Does that make you a hater
But what I know that you'll never know
Is that I will know sooner or later

But knowing is the art of know
An art that knows no bidding
And I'd like to be that man who knows
But an ITK , you're kidding.....

Peteblue, copyright 17th July 2016......

I knew that

I think as soon as people realise that they should listen to me the better the forum will be.

1. Witsel will sign
2. Mata is 50/50
3. William the snail will sign
4. We will sign a keeper
5. We will sign a back up striker Rolan or Haller
6. If we dont sign Mata we will buy another ACM
7. We will buy a winger/wide attacker
8. John Stones will be sold this week for 50m+
9. We will replace him
10. The squad will be built by the time the window closes, the majority of people will be happy with the Ins and Outs, unless by some miracle we sell Besic, in that case all bets are off and I will probably commit mass murder.

@micknick can I have a threadmark here.

Thanks for reading.

The pack howling rides the wind on this dark night whilst the eagle swoops across the night sky.

Is having an ITK on here a good thing?

Personally, I check into the forum almost solely to find out what the Esk has posted in terms of transfer info, so I'm merely playing devil's advocate here!

But the more I've read this thread, the more it's made me question whether it is a good thing.

Think about it; most of the posters in here have either seen their heads fall off, wound themselves up into a frenzy or are no longer even bothered about whether or not he signs.

If we didn't have the info to begin with, we would never have had this "farce" and the transfer would not be seen as having "dragged on", but rather Witsel would sign and we would welcome him with open arms. Now, the transfer is arguably 'tainted' by all that has preceded it.

Thoughts?

Stop over analysing, taking this far too seriously. Take it for what it is. Live life. Let's see what happens this week, team back at the office.

Think you missed my point mate.

I am one of those that believes everything will be sorted in time and certainly not losing my head over us not signing anyone whilst we're still in July. I agree with you; I'm happy to see Koeman assess the squad properly before making strides in the transfer market.

Rather, I was raising the point over whether or not having someone post inside info on here is actually a good thing or not.

Personally, I check into the forum almost solely to find out what the Esk has posted in terms of transfer info, so I'm merely playing devil's advocate here!

But the more I've read this thread, the more it's made me question whether it is a good thing.

Think about it; most of the posters in here have either seen their heads fall off, wound themselves up into a frenzy or are no longer even bothered about whether or not he signs.

If we didn't have the info to begin with, we would never have had this "farce" and the transfer would not be seen as having "dragged on", but rather Witsel would sign and we would welcome him with open arms. Now, the transfer is arguably 'tainted' by all that has preceded it.

Thoughts?
Good post that mate. No doubt The Esk has raised expectations with his posts. Do think however that we must accept that the 'new level' of player we're seemingly after won't have Everton as their preferred no 1 choice because of our standing in the game.

Only way we can convince them of joining us is by flashing the cash in front of their eyes and blow our rivals out of the water wages wise. Lets face it in the end almost every player is a mercenary. They go where the money is and who can blame them really?

For the level of players we used to be after, Everton was most probably the top dog. Now we moved up a level or two, we're the outside bet. We don't have European football to offer and haven't won anything in the last 20 years.

It's the same as City went about it imo. I'm quite sure he wasn't attracted by their history and standing in the game. The ££££££££ sign was what brought him there.

Imo convincing that first player to join will prove the most difficult, after that it will probably slowly but steadily get easier.

Good post that mate. No doubt The Esk has raised expectations with his posts. Do think however that we must accept that the 'new level' of player we're seemingly after won't have Everton as their preferred no 1 choice because of our standing in the game.

Only way we can convince them of joining us is by flashing the cash in front of their eyes and blow our rivals out of the water wages wise. Lets face it in the end almost every player is a mercenary. They go where the money is and who can blame them really?

For the level of players we used to be after, Everton was most probably the top dog. Now we moved up a level or two, we're the outside bet. We don't have European football to offer and haven't won anything in the last 20 years.

It's the same as City went about it imo. I'm quite sure he wasn't attracted by their history and standing in the game. The ££££££££ sign was what brought him there.

Imo convincing that first player to join will prove the most difficult, after that it will probably slowly but steadily get easier.

I couldn't agree more with that post.

You and I may be old enough to remember the glory days when Everton was a recognised name across the continent, but nowadays we must face reality; as you say, 20 years with no trophies and two successive mid-table finishes.

Our fans need to realise that money=success is not quite as straightforward as it seems.

There needs to be a "transitional" phase, where we sign players (and arguably a manager in RK) that helps us reach the next level, before we can kick on and compete at that level.

Thoughts?
Thoughts?

Can you imagine the state of people if the player concerned was an actual superstar of the game we were targeting?

Have mercy!

Think you missed my point mate.

I am one of those that believes everything will be sorted in time and certainly not losing my head over us not signing anyone whilst we're still in July. I agree with you; I'm happy to see Koeman assess the squad properly before making strides in the transfer market.

Rather, I was raising the point over whether or not having someone post inside info on here is actually a good thing or not.
Have to say..great point raised. Agree wholeheartedly. BUT.. without the esk's posts giving us an insight of what the club are attempting to do, I certainly wouldnt bother checking the forum quite as much this time of year. It's far more entertaining than checking sky sports for transfer news.

Thoughts?

Honest answer, people who have seen there heads fall off (either way - as both 'sides' have seen this in different ways) would have found something else to have had the variety of meltdowns, emo fits, rages, fights, arguments, or WUM, troll, faux outrages etc, that we have seen on here the past few weeks especially.

The Forum is full of people who at least to me anyway currently seem more concerned with point scoring over fellow blues than they are about anything else, and lots of them doing it 'for the good of GOT' which is hypocrisy as if anything the petty arguments and namecalling does more damage than anything else. There's an ignore button on the site and there is a PM button to start a conversation with anyone as well - maybe more should use that feature.

I will get labelled an 'eskimo' or whatever the 12yo school ground name that grown men (the cool kids) are currently using, whatever, it really doesn't matter to me, why, because i am not 12 years old in a schoolground at an age when stuff like that matters.

Could go on and on a lot more about this, but ultimately i know nothing that's said will actually resonate with the people hell bent on there course of actions

Honest answer, people who have seen there heads fall off (either way - as both 'sides' have seen this in different ways) would have found something else to have had the variety of meltdowns, emo fits, rages, fights, arguments, or WUM, troll, faux outrages etc, that we have seen on here the past few weeks especially.

The Forum is full of people who at least to me anyway currently seem more concerned with point scoring over fellow blues than they are about anything else, and lots of them doing it 'for the good of GOT' which is hypocrisy as if anything the petty arguments and namecalling does more damage than anything else. There's an ignore button on the site and there is a PM button to start a conversation with anyone as well - maybe more should use that feature.

I will get labelled an 'eskimo' or whatever the 12yo school ground name that grown men (the cool kids) are currently using, whatever, it really doesn't matter to me, why, because i am not 12 years old in a schoolground at an age when stuff like that matters.

Could go on and on a lot more about this, but ultimately i know nothing that's said will actually resonate with the people hell bent on there course of actions
Racist !!

Status
Not open for further replies.