Gerard Deulofeu

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favourite player in the current Everton team. Love it when he gets on the ball and you hear the seats flip up because everyone stands up....only player I can think of in the last twenty years to literally get the fans off their seats other than Kanchelskis. He was always going to be inconsistent last year - didnt play a lot the season before and with the coaching set-up at everton encouraging square pass after square pass last year and the complete lack of fitness throughout the team it wasnt a surprise to find his form drop off. Seems to need an arm round the shoulder and to feel loved and dont think he got that in the end from Martinez who should have brought him back into the fold a lot earlier than he did. I honestly think he will have a big season. I want to see him score more goals though because he can finish as shown with his record for Spain u21s. Think that both Deulofeu and Barkley should be looking at double figures for goals and assists next year and if that happens Everton will definitely be on the fringes of the Champions League places at least.

My favourite player in the current Everton team. Love it when he gets on the ball and you hear the seats flip up because everyone stands up....only player I can think of in the last twenty years to literally get the fans off their seats other than Kanchelskis. He was always going to be inconsistent last year - didnt play a lot the season before and with the coaching set-up at everton encouraging square pass after square pass last year and the complete lack of fitness throughout the team it wasnt a surprise to find his form drop off. Seems to need an arm round the shoulder and to feel loved and dont think he got that in the end from Martinez who should have brought him back into the fold a lot earlier than he did. I honestly think he will have a big season. I want to see him score more goals though because he can finish as shown with his record for Spain u21s. Think that both Deulofeu and Barkley should be looking at double figures for goals and assists next year and if that happens Everton will definitely be on the fringes of the Champions League places at least.
aye i agree mate.

Hopefully he learns how to BEAT HIS BLOODY MAN this season lol

that is what fustrates me about him, runs into defenders over and over far too often. If he learned how to beat them more efficently, combined with his crossing and creativity he would certainly be a star in the team.

aye i agree mate.

Hopefully he learns how to BEAT HIS BLOODY MAN this season lol

that is what fustrates me about him, runs into defenders over and over far too often. If he learned how to beat them more efficently, combined with his crossing and creativity he would certainly be a star in the team.

One of the things he was doing at the start of last year which he seemed to stop doing was stopping with the ball and letting the fullback get square to him before just knocking it past them and hitting first time balls but he seemed to lose some of his explosive acceleration and you are right he does go down too easily. As much as people say Ross is a confidence player I think Deulofeu is the same and in teams playing positive attacking football we will see both flourish. I think people forget how good he actually was in that patch and how good he made Lukaku look by basically putting the ball on a plate for him with his through balls and crosses.

I dont know whether it was just jarg transfer rumours last week that had us liked with Tello but he would be someone I would love to see come in as well to play opposite Deulofeu on the left (if we cant get Mirallas back to any semblance of his previous self). The sheer pace of both would be devastating I think, although both fullbacks would have their work cut out defensively!!

One of the things he was doing at the start of last year which he seemed to stop doing was stopping with the ball and letting the fullback get square to him before just knocking it past them and hitting first time balls but he seemed to lose some of his explosive acceleration and you are right he does go down too easily. As much as people say Ross is a confidence player I think Deulofeu is the same and in teams playing positive attacking football we will see both flourish. I think people forget how good he actually was in that patch and how good he made Lukaku look by basically putting the ball on a plate for him with his through balls and crosses.

I dont know whether it was just jarg transfer rumours last week that had us liked with Tello but he would be someone I would love to see come in as well to play opposite Deulofeu on the left (if we cant get Mirallas back to any semblance of his previous self). The sheer pace of both would be devastating I think, although both fullbacks would have their work cut out defensively!!

Dream signing for the left would be Perisic for me, terrific player

Dream signing for the left would be Perisic for me, terrific player

Agree Perisic is a great player and he would definitely add to the goals from midfield column. I just have a personal preference for out and out pace on the wings and although Perisic has more to his game he isnt an out and out gas merchant. I just want us to be able to stretch teams and our wingers to be able to skin fullbacks everytime. Perisic is more of a thinking mans footballer a la Pienaar with more pace, which I would by no means be adverse to. It comes down to personal preference as to whether you want an out an out winger or someone with a bit more guile. Personally The way I would like everton to set up I want a defensive mid who can play (someone in the davids of old ilk who can destroy and still pass forwards if anyone can recommend one?) with a true box to box next to them (long term hope this is Barkley if he can get over the psychological damage his leg breaks have done in regards to tackling). Out and out gas and a trick on the wings with a number ten who knows when to release the ball and play the killer through ball and when to hit it. I think Mata would be great with a team around him that will run for him.

Agree Perisic is a great player and he would definitely add to the goals from midfield column. I just have a personal preference for out and out pace on the wings and although Perisic has more to his game he isnt an out and out gas merchant. I just want us to be able to stretch teams and our wingers to be able to skin fullbacks everytime. Perisic is more of a thinking mans footballer a la Pienaar with more pace, which I would by no means be adverse to. It comes down to personal preference as to whether you want an out an out winger or someone with a bit more guile. Personally The way I would like everton to set up I want a defensive mid who can play (someone in the davids of old ilk who can destroy and still pass forwards if anyone can recommend one?) with a true box to box next to them (long term hope this is Barkley if he can get over the psychological damage his leg breaks have done in regards to tackling). Out and out gas and a trick on the wings with a number ten who knows when to release the ball and play the killer through ball and when to hit it. I think Mata would be great with a team around him that will run for him.

A fit strootman would fill that role next to Barkley perfectly mate, i myself just think peresic would create absolute havoc down the left with baines

A fit strootman would fill that role next to Barkley perfectly mate, i myself just think peresic would create absolute havoc down the left with baines

As I said its just personal preference and would be made up if we did manage to get Perisic in. I think he would help Baines out more and would be better for Everton in terms of a left side partnership than someone like Tello. Think you are right in that he is exactly the sort of player that could help Baines look like the player he was 3-4 years ago. Tello has never really hit the heights that people expected him to when he first broke through at Barca and I see a bit of symmetry between him and Deulofeu. Perisic's work rate alone would make him a better fit for Everton. I do like the idea of having two out and out wingers and its something I dont really remember us doing since having Limpar and Kanchelskis both on at the same time which was when I first started going to the game and something we criminally underused at the time. Its good to see us as fans talking about these players being attainable - especially when you then look at the papers and see Liverpool linked with Andros Townsend!!

aye i would love to see pace both sides of the pitch, especially on the counter with a big belgian ready to tap the ball in lol

I believe he is good enough to develop that way, the same way ronaldo was once a step over pony who couldn't beat a man either. He just needs confidence and a run in the team with good coaching behind him.

aye i would love to see pace both sides of the pitch, especially on the counter with a big belgian ready to tap the ball in lol

I believe he is good enough to develop that way, the same way ronaldo was once a step over pony who couldn't beat a man either. He just needs confidence and a run in the team with good coaching behind him.

Totally agree with you - Deulofeu has it in him to be a genuine world star. It is down to him and the coaches to make sure he gets the most of the obvious talent that he has. The lad is by all accounts a dedicated professional and seems to get Everton. Cant help but feel he was let down last season in terms of the fitness programme the club had him on and the coaching he received. As previously mentioned think Martinez didnt bring him back into the side after his mini-dip quick enough and that made the situation even worse. I always thought it was odd the way Martinez handled Deulofeu and yet flogged Ross to death when it was obvious to all he needed to be taken out of the spotlight for a short period.

I think you may see some more assists to the big belgian this year by the murmurings coming from his agent - added to the fact that noone is going to give us £60 million quid for him and we dont appear to be the everton of old to let a player go for less money than they are worth with payments on the never ever (Rooney).

One thing is certain, Deulofeu will hang on every word that koeman says and bust his arse off to try to impress him, young lad who grew up in Barca now being coached by one of the clubs greatest ever icons, yeah think he will want to impress the new boss

Same thing happened when Rooney came through. Everyone stood up because you knew he was going to be positive and drive at them. E.g Arsenal, LEeds.

One thing is certain, Deulofeu will hang on every word that koeman says and bust his arse off to try to impress him, young lad who grew up in Barca now being coached by one of the clubs greatest ever icons, yeah think he will want to impress the new boss
very good point mate.

If the club hold him in high regard then a fan would idolise him,

Same thing happened when Rooney came through. Everyone stood up because you knew he was going to be positive and drive at them. E.g Arsenal, LEeds.

Your right - totally forgot about Rooney because I was away at uni when he broke through but your exactly right he had a buzz about him even before he broke through. I remember Sky Sports showing clips of him smashing balls in in the youth cup and went to the game where we got beaten by Villas youth team and already everyone knew about him. People watching Rooney now forget how different a player he was when he broke through. I honestly thought he would go on to become the best player in the world, unfortunately I think he was a victim of his own success and Ferguson ruined the player he should have been by playing him all over the park and making him play apprentice to Ronaldo. Wonderboy just failed to become Superman.

Status
Not open for further replies.