Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny how we keep selling our best players (as everyone keeps saying) but, somehow we seem to finish higher up the league.
On top of that we have more money in the bank (thanks Liverpool).

I personally think we have as much ambition as all clubs but, have chosen a different way off doing it.
Saints are want to get there while trying to be self sufficient.
It may or may not work but, the way Everton are trying to do it may not work yet either.

WE MARCH ON!
We'll see mate. Personally can't see you breaking through that glass ceiling, selling your best players every season. Still, I won't deny you did a good job building the stature of the club since getting promoted.

Do think you reached your limit though with that 6th place finish. Where our journey will take us? Well, lets just say I'm extremely excited/ looking forward to find that out over the next five years or so.

It's funny how we keep selling our best players (as everyone keeps saying) but, somehow we seem to finish higher up the league.

I personally think we have as much ambition as all clubs but, have chosen a different way off doing it.
It may or may not work but, the way Everton are trying to do it may not work yet either.

WE MARCH ON!
No disrespect to you but honestly now I was reading in the daily star today about how Everton have got money now to spend like city United and liverpool , you should have a read about it

WE MARCH ON!

you would be nowhere if liverpool weren't such morons haha

Nah, in all seriousness, i feel sorry for southampton that they've brought players the calibre of bale through their academy and never been able to hold onto them for long. When you get offers like £25m for players like adam lallana then you don't need a wealthy owner, liverpool's welthy owners end up becoming yours in effect. I don't want us to be like that, i'd take some of your players obviously, but not for a ridiculously overpriced value like liverpool pay.

WE MARCH ON!

It's happened twice fella, don't get carried away like you're some super club fighting the unbelievable fight.

You where in the championship a 4 years ago and division one before that.

WE MARCH ON!
You've sold your best and brought in some good. 6th place is nice and all but you won't be challenging top 4 with that squad unless you strike gold with a Mahrez purchase. Maybe a couple cup wins might attract some talent but outside of that 'being self-sufficient' doesn't work too well in this day and age -- you need investment to improve, just like any business. Spurs were only able to do it because they sold a world-class player (Bale) and kept their best academy graduates (Kane, Alli), Saints aren't doing that (Shaw, Chambers).
You might do well to pick up Osman though ;)

You've sold your best and brought in some good. 6th place is nice and all but you won't be challenging top 4 with that squad unless you strike gold with a Mahrez purchase. Maybe a couple cup wins might attract some talent but outside of that 'being self-sufficient' doesn't work too well in this day and age -- you need investment to improve, just like any business. Spurs were only able to do it because they sold a world-class player (Bale) and kept their best academy graduates (Kane, Alli), Saints aren't doing that (Shaw, Chambers).
You might do well to pick up Osman though ;)

bit early to say that about spurs keeping him. Nobody knew him a year ago. Also, he's technically MK Dons' academy player.

blueboy99. I think he's one of the ITK's over there.

Someone asked him if he had any idea when it would happen and he just replied "Tuesday afternoon".
If that's the case I am staying logged off twitter, the Southampton mob will be convinced they have kept him or put him onto gardening leave!

WE MARCH ON!

Keep finishing higher?

Twice in a row. Cor.

Status
Not open for further replies.