Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Slightly off topic-ish but my head is about to explode with conspiracy theories. He's on holiday, frying his pale freckly skin and drinking dodgy local lager. He'll be here when the jet lag/hangover/food poisoning gets better. End of. In the meantime does anybody know what the situation with Big Dunc, Rhino and Sheeds is? Staying on the coaching staff or not?
all of them staying

Apparently a few of them met the coaches and they told them that his brother and the fitness coach are fuming about it all

HA HA HA

let them talk turd....Theyre hurt, theyll spin it so that they can cope with the shock.

Snap, and we took their highly liked and highly rated manager!

HA HA HA

Please share pal...Im not in twitter but I like when peeps put those tweets here.

Evertonians winding them up eh x?
Just basically going on about the post saying he might end up on gardening leave, their forum itk is never ever wrong, they don't want him anymore anyway and his brother and the fitness coach are fuming because they want to stay so bad

I get this, and I'm not trying to over romanticise it, I get that no player/coach cares about Saints as much as I do, and they have no emotional connection to saints, but enjoying your job and the area you live in, are legitimate practical reasons not to move.
Denial is the first step of grief.

For all Saints fans this seems to be the case.
Can't believe some of the stuff I am reading. Some have clearly bypassed the denial stage and went straight to anger, and some are just downright deluded.

What I dont get is that they are daftly angry at Everton rather than being angry at their own board for refusing to give Koeman the guarantees he wanted and perhaps a pay rise close to what Everton are offering. They act as if Koeman has just pulled this one out of his hole and decided on holiday that he's joining Everton when we all know, thanks to the Esk, that this has been going on from May and Southampton board have allowed and accepted it but are clearly playing a media game to save face. It's embarrassing for such a supposed well ran club.

If I was a saints fan I'd be livid at the board, not just for Koeman but for Pochettino and all the brilliant players theyve sold too. How do you ever expect to be a serious successful club when you let other clubs come and take all your prized assets without a fight? Just think where youse couldve been now had that not been the case and Koeman will just be the start of a summer where you lose yet another 3 or 4 key players, perhaps more.

How long can they keep this up as a sustainable model before they lose Premier League status? All of the above as well as the yo-yo status and lack of trophies etc is exactly why Southampton are NOT a bigger club the same way they aren't a bigger club than Chelsea for finishing above them. That delusion needs nipped in the bud. Your board is an embarrassment and they are good at covering it up and deflecting the blame. Sounds familiar, up until Moshiri came.

Also that guy Jack on the Saints forum is full of tosh, it was like reading a script for Corrie...

Last edited:
Now according to one on Twitter we haven't even agreed compensation!!!, even though it was one of their local journos who broke the news!!

it was common knowledge that Mane and Tadic fell out with him earlier this season

then again, being universally liked as a manager is not always required

They still had decent seasons and very good goal and assist returns .

May fall out but still respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.