Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think the way to look at uit is this, if Jpoel suddenly signed for any team above us, would we be happy if he was their number 1 starting the season, for me yeah think besides the rs he is considerably worse than any of the others so that tellms me we need a new keeper

I said at the time, Howard had become so bad that Joel coming in looked good doing just the basic things that Howard forgot.

Reality is he is just decent keeper - he isn't going to win us points like the really good keepers do.

I wouldn't be arsed if he signed for any other team in reality.

Cheers mate, so basically one of those that depending on the price could be a risk worth taking or swerving then - say 10m's worth the gamble, over that maybe go elsewhere, suppose depends on exatly how Koeman intends to have us playing really as well

I said this yesterday about Janssen and got massively shot down. Risky risk risk.

Howling at this article... http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/43013/?

"So if he went for the truly class players then he would get even fewer for his money and the fact is the Everton squad does not have the substance and quality in it presently to provide a good foundation for whoever comes in.

The fact of the matter is that Everton need to spend a lot more than £150 million to boost their squad, they probably need to spend twice that to even stand a chance of the top six."

lollollollollollollollollollol

We used to finish 5th with a squad made up of a fraction of what it is now.... we are where we are because of poor management and the players giving up on the manager. Simple. We have had poor seasons, to say we need to spend £300m to get a chance of the top six is the most comical thing i have heard.

You know, I seem to be in the company of one on Butland hahahaha. Good keeper - but i feel like he is a little over rated, something we tend to do in this country with english players.

Better keepers out there for a fraction of what it would cost to get him. Again, that just my opinion like!
You could easily be right, not like I've watched every game of his this season. He's only 23 though and Stoke had a good defense this season until he got injured, then they conceded 4 goals in about 5 games in a row. Plus if we got him he could be our keeper for the next 10 years or more.

You could easily be right, not like I've watched every game of his this season. He's only 23 though and Stoke had a good defense this season until he got injured, then they conceded 4 goals in about 5 games in a row. Plus if we got him he could be our keeper for the next 10 years or more.

Yeah i mean i don't doubt he has ability - thats clear. There is just something which doesn't quite sit right for me, can't put my finger on it.

wouldnt mind that wijnaldum i know hes had a mixed season but tbf morale must of been so low but hes a talent on his day

Don't rate Wijnaldum, seems to go missing when you need him, doesn't play well away from home and spat the dummy whilst playing for Newcastle as he had Lukaku syndrome.

Only player worth looking at as a back up is Mitrovic, soon as he comes on the defense backs up ten yards, would be a good option off the bench if we are chasing the game and need plan B/C to change it.

Miles from the finished article though but I reckon he will come good

Neto linked in Italian media as makeweight with Lukaku to Juventus.

Was a little annoyed we didn't go in for him last summer when he was available for free; very good keeper but not sure what he's like now after a season on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.