Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feels weird that my 1st post on here is to reply to a 'friendly' saints fan, but anyway....
If and a big IF, considering the season we had with fitness, FULL STRENGTH team (no injuries, up to speed etc) then
out of the team sheet you put there and the players in our team then....

Defence: Both full backs do not have to simultaneously bomb forward, nice when it works but you're there to defend also!

Forster in goal (Robles did well and then just just, well started well)
Coleman (any discussion?)
Stones (the dutch guy would like to be, but really not got the stones)
Jagielka (seriously how does he NOT get in the England squad, when he's played more games than Cahill and he has to play LCB to compensate
for Cahill. Also does that role for Stones! It wasn't Terry who was crap for Chelsea it was Bolton boy wonderless! Jags got rubbish reviews
for the world cup but like terry he was more concerned with covering that entrail. Jags even played RB to allow that dimwit to play RCB
for England! Retire Jags you're better than them! (not that I'm biased or anything but...aagghh)
Baines (really, how is there a doubt? Garbutt will be ahead of Bertrand, but that's after Leighton!)

Midfield: 2 Holding mids, who should be able fill and gaps when full back(s) go forward. As you had an extra player I'm adjusting it slightly so my
mid is....

Wanyama (not as intelligent as Barry but would be quicker to get to the danger)
McCarthy (edged Barry on his ability to be free and not have to try and cover a slower better/more intelligent? player)

Up Front: With 2 holding midfielders, these guys can either be wide or cut inside as per their preference!

Delefeou (special if he realises what the Team game requires)
Barkley (if this guy has players making space for him, to pass or move into, then wow! Unbelievably underrated even by his own 'fans'
Mirallas (Tho' he seems to be another that needs to respect the Team ethic, he is a match winner!
I sense a bit of tongue and cheek but come on, Fonte, Van Dijk and Berty all had better seasons than Stones, Jags and Baines. You could argue if Martinez knew how to defend it would be different, but if we were going on last seasons form Saints defence has to get the nod. Agree with midfield, Wanyama and McCarthy, (Probably Saints strongest position depth wise with Wanyama, Romeu, Clasie, JWP and Steven Davies). I think upfront Mane has to be in there, agree with Barkley and then it's a toss up between Mirallas/Delefeou and Tadic. If we're saying no injuries, J-rod at his best could be in the discussion as well.

I sense a bit of tongue and cheek but come on, Fonte, Van Dijk and Berty all had better seasons than Stones, Jags and Baines. You could argue if Martinez knew how to defend it would be different, but if we were going on last seasons form Saints defence has to get the nod. Agree with midfield, Wanyama and McCarthy, (Probably Saints strongest position depth wise with Wanyama, Romeu, Clasie, JWP and Steven Davies). I think upfront Mane has to be in there, agree with Barkley and then it's a toss up between Mirallas/Delefeou and Tadic. If we're saying no injuries, J-rod at his best could be in the discussion as well.

Think we will take Forster and possibly Virgil as well. Might include the Clev in the deal as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.