Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The suspense and waiting is killing me. I'm convinced that it will be either Pellegrini, Emery or De Boer... I wish Everton would confirm something, anything... all I have is the papers which are click baity and the forums which are great but just add to the suspense. Come on Moshiri and Co. Get it going!!!

Can't shake the feeling that Emery might not be a great traveller... brilliant in Spain but had a pretty disastrous spell in Russia.

I remember all the hype around Ramos when he had all that cup success with Sevilla 10 years ago, 2 UEFA cups, Super Cup winners and runner-up, Copa del Rey as well. Spurs chased him for a while before pulling off a very expensive coup to sign him... within a year he was sacked!

Same with Tuchel mate, IF dortmund would have battered the rs, he would have been massively popular a choice - after they lost though a lot of our lot went cold on him, no matter what we say - yeah someone who has piped them down big time - Mourinho, Emery - is always going to get a big upsurge in popularity for a good reason.

Just so happens that once you look into Emery a lot closer though, he is a bloody good manager to boot

they can do the double over us from next season to the rest of time for all i care, as long as we win the other 36 league games.

my feelings of wanting emery are in no way based on the fact he beat them, they're more based on the fact he won a final. As have my feelings on tuchel based on one silly defeat, he's still a top manager.

I've no idea what the media's criteria for 'big' club status appears to be any more. They seem to be of the opinion that because Southampton have finished about us for the last two seasons they are a big deal and Koeman would be taking a step down coming to Goodison.
So I assume a 3200 page thread makes Newcastle the biggest football club in the world.
completely depends on the club. for example

Biggest clubs in the Media's opinion

Man City > Everton, Bacuse they are rich, even thought we won more league titles more then they ever have
Liverpool > Man City, because of there history
Liverpool > Everton, Because they won more then us, even thought were richer
Chelsea > Everton, There richer then us, we've won more
Liverpool > Chelsea, Because of their history even though they are poorer
Man U > Chelsea, They won more but are poorer
Newcastle > Everyone else, They get 45k Fat topless Gordies every week

As you can see, there no actual yard stick, they just pick to suit them. Based on trophies won were 4th but if you asked every media outlet we'd be 7-8th maybe lower, if it was based on money we'd be above Liverpool but in reality we are unfortunately below them.

13m Niasse plus close to 1.5m wages taking him to the summer.

6m Kone plus probably 6m in wages over three years.

13m McCarthy plus let's say another 6m in wages over three years.

Let's say a total of 5m on Robles.

McCarthy was a success in first season, pathetic in last two. So that's around 50m on players who've proven to be - mostly - a waste of space. Oh and let's not forget Alcaraz.
Kone was a straight swap with Anichebe (and likely on less wages as well) and Robles is a signifiant improvement on the non entity of a second choice goal keeper we had before. Alcaraz was a free and on less wages than Heitinga. Also strongly disagree that McCarthy has been pathetic.

Mourinho went through wingers like a hot knife through butter and even brought Falcao after an awful first season in the UK.

In a club level United have yet to get a consistently good midfielder in and Liverpool's transfer dealings have been nothing short of awful.

No club/manager is going to have an unblemished record, you being ridiculous if you think otherwise.

13m Niasse plus close to 1.5m wages taking him to the summer.

6m Kone plus probably 6m in wages over three years.

13m McCarthy plus let's say another 6m in wages over three years.

Let's say a total of 5m on Robles.

McCarthy was a success in first season, pathetic in last two. So that's around 50m on players who've proven to be - mostly - a waste of space. Oh and let's not forget Alcaraz.
Massively strong to call McCarthy anything close to a waste of space or money. He's been way off

Yeah I'll give you Koné.

Robles also harsh.

Sky 5 ?, surely it will have to be the Sky 8 to fit in the RS or the Sky Top 10 if they want to include Chelsea......
Sky 5

Chelsea,Utd,Arsenal,Liverpool,Man City

Spurs and Leicester came 1st and 2nd but sky don't care about them, only the other 5

Status
Not open for further replies.