Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously though, because that made it 3 Europa Leagues on the bounce which is massively impressive. Not the fact it was Liverpool he beat.

Plus the talk about him increased because of Rory Smith's tweets after the game!

2 Europa Leagues on the bounce was impressive though and there wasn't too many people putting him forward (i realise there where people though). Finishing where has has with Sevilla has been too considering the player turnover. I just think because it was the RS, it did go a little bit into overdrive.

Rory Smiths tweets did put petrol on that fire like!

Not wishing to be a kill-joy but doesn't anyone else get a sinking 'Juande Ramos feeling' about Emery? Similar record!
I'm swaying towards Mancini - 4 league titles and 7 cups in Italy, England and Turkey. Familiar with the Premier League and would look cool in an old-school blue and white scarf.

God no.

Mancini is said to be one of the most destructive influenced going, morale throughout the clubs he has been at- not limited to the playing staff - has absolutely nosedived

I think he if he did get the sack then, then Moratti would give Mancini the boot and get Zizou in at the San Siro.

We would certainly have to move very fast, but I think given the resources on offer (both in terms of the Moshiri money and whats already at the club), the stability compared to Italy, and the challenge of what other managers are going to be in the league next season it should certainly be attempted, if he is sacked.

In fairness, with the exception of Niasse, the people he spent significant money on have done between reasonably well and very well.

There's an infinite number of reasons to bash Martinez - don't think we need to add wasting money to the list.
13m Niasse plus close to 1.5m wages taking him to the summer.

6m Kone plus probably 6m in wages over three years.

13m McCarthy plus let's say another 6m in wages over three years.

Let's say a total of 5m on Robles.

McCarthy was a success in first season, pathetic in last two. So that's around 50m on players who've proven to be - mostly - a waste of space. Oh and let's not forget Alcaraz.

We've moved on mate, Koeman has indicated he's not coming and as you can read, there's the chance of attracting Emery if we meet their demands and he decides for definite he wants to come.

I'm aware since the post to which you replied that several have said Mancini will be interviewed also.

I hope so @The Esk ....Mancini is perfect for where we are now, and he'd go head to head with the likes of Klopp, Jose and Guardiola, and Conte.

I'm convinced its him......but I'm usually wrong.

In fairness, with the exception of Niasse, the people he spent significant money on have done between reasonably well and very well.

There's an infinite number of reasons to bash Martinez - don't think we need to add wasting money to the list.

Hey, Monchi and Emery got Kone in for £12m i think it was.

We all sign duds, crazy duds

Was looking at one of those top 20 manager in Europe before, stopped reading it when i saw Gary Monk was 18th

Not wishing to be a kill-joy but doesn't anyone else get a sinking 'Juande Ramos feeling' about Emery? Similar record!
I'm swaying towards Mancini - 4 league titles and 7 cups in Italy, England and Turkey. Familiar with the Premier League and would look cool in an old-school blue and white scarf.

Not really mate, I am absolutely over the moon to think we could get Emery in

When he was at City nothing annoyed me more than his daft scarves. It's a no from me.

As nobody else wants to give an update and I suppose it's left to me (seems like all the other ITK's have gone quiet!)

Meeting with Emery reps took place today.

Very productive meeting and Emery clearly wants to be a manager in the Premier League and our 'project interests him greatly'.

Buy out clause and salary are not an issue.

BUT Real Madrid are......

Essentially if we want Emery, we need Real to win on Sat.

Then this deal has a real chance of happening, if not we have our work cut out as he has a very good chance of replacing Zidane.

Depending on Saturday's outcome, Emery will be in London for further discussions and hopefully confirmed as EFC manager at some point next week.

I'm not trying to make friends or enemies, just passing on well sourced information.

At this moment, De Boer is not an option.
That's pretty specific. So what you are saying is that Emery is definitely leaving Sevilla one way or the other. I'm surprised Real are thinking of getting rid of Zidane. I'm also a bit disappointed that if true we aren't interested in De Boer but not surprised since he hasn't even been contacted yet and his brother did confirm that.

Status
Not open for further replies.