Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
...you might be right but my view is that we have appointed a specific DoF and he's not part of a package with De Boer. Many foreign coaches already work with a DoF and I'm sure the people we are interviewing have endorsed the arrangement.

Aye i know, I fully 100% want to believe we are going all out for the best we can get in both positions, which have certain requirements of both.

I don't think Emery would have a great issue with working with Overmars if it was him. I just have a sneaky feeling that it will end up being De Boer.

Well, if the Madrid story had legs, there is no point worrying about it. He would go there, just as Mourinho to Man Utd. All we can do is concentrate on making the best appeal to Emery whilst the discussions are ongoing, that's all we can control.

If true, we should be getting to ultimatum point soon. We can't keep being a second choice for managers. If not this summer we could have the same scenario with Emery next season. If this report is true we should be saying regardless of Madrid's interest are you committed to this project at Everton or not? If he's not let's stop wasting time.

Aye i know, I fully 100% want to believe we are going all out for the best we can get in both positions, which have certain requirements of both.

I don't think Emery would have a great issue with working with Overmars if it was him. I just have a sneaky feeling that it will end up being De Boer.
Honestly if Emery doesn't work out I would still be over the moon with an Overmars/de Boer combo.

I must say, if the club had intended to do this as quietly as possible they have completely succeeded. It might be frustrating for those who all the info immediately, but the fact that pretty much nobody has any real sniff of what's going on is quite impressive.
Moshiri is no fool, the right man (or woman!) will get the job

I know they want to appoint a DoF anyway, but it could be a complication in the discussions with Emery, one we potentially don't need. Can't fault Moshiri on this, but it would be better to have the DoF in place before the manager/coach.

I think the DOF role will be negotiable with the manager as to what they do, which is a positive. I am not sure about Overmaars credentials so maybe someone can help fill us in there?

For me I'd love to see us getting Joachim Loew as DOF.

As nobody else wants to give an update and I suppose it's left to me (seems like all the other ITK's have gone quiet!)

Meeting with Emery reps took place today.

Very productive meeting and Emery clearly wants to be a manager in the Premier League and our 'project interests him greatly'.

Buy out clause and salary are not an issue.

BUT Real Madrid are......

Essentially if we want Emery, we need Real to win on Sat.

Then this deal has a real chance of happening, if not we have our work cut out as he has a very good chance of replacing Zidane.

Depending on Saturday's outcome, Emery will be in London for further discussions and hopefully confirmed as EFC manager at some point next week.

I'm not trying to make friends or enemies, just passing on well sourced information.

At this moment, De Boer is not an option.

Just an update for anyone that didn't see moles post in the early hours.

Make of that what you will @orly

Have to say, when I saw young Moley post that my faith in him diminished.

Mate - IF i sat down and put some effort into it, it is very easy to come across as ITK on something like this, you just have to hedge the bets, make sure you sniff out any signs of news and jump on it - and go overboard before the story hits the mainstream media etc

He may have some knowledge, only time and something better than what he has been giving would prove that though, right now, all he is doing is taking what the esk says, and making educated guesses about certain things based on delays and certain media gossip stuff

Right now IF @The Esk stopped posting anything he has knowledge of - then watch the moles information suddenly dry up and if he does post he will get further and further from the mark, as right now he is piggybacking and using guesswork to try jump ahead od esk and seem like he is more clued up

If true, we should be getting to ultimatum point soon. We can't keep being a second choice for managers. If not this summer we could have the same scenario with Emery next season. If this report is true we should be saying regardless of Madrid's interest are you committed to this project at Everton or not? If he's not let's stop wasting time.

I agree mostly, when the point is reached that we consider we have made the best offer possible and/or met or exceeded his demands, it's perfectly reasonable to request a decision within a few days. That would allow any new prospective manager to take time to weigh up their options, and make the decision that's best for them.

If Madrid's interest is real, he obviously knows it. The realist in me says it would be unfair to expect him not to at least explore that option, if he comes here I think we will be looking over our shoulder at admiring glances all the time anyway, but yes, a few days is enough for anyone to make a final decision.

This can't go on all summer. I expect in the event of a No from Emery, the club has a willing alternative ready to go relatively quickly, although that's not the best set of circumstances for someone to get the job.

I agree mostly, when the point is reached that we consider we have made the best offer possible and/or met or exceeded his demands, it's perfectly reasonable to request a decision within a few days. That would allow any new prospective manager to take time to weigh up their options, and make the decision that's best for them.

If Madrid's interest is real, he obviously knows it. The realist in me says it would be unfair to expect him not to at least explore that option, if he comes here I think we will be looking over our shoulder at admiring glances all the time anyway, but yes, a few days is enough for anyone to make a final decision.

This can't go on all summer. I expect in the event of a No from Emery, the club has a willing alternative ready to go relatively quickly, although that's not the best set of circumstances for someone to get the job.
My fear is that the only manager who has such a thick skin not to be bothered that they're 4th or 5th choice is Moyes.

Just a interesting little bit about the Emery to Real Madrid if they lose the final story doing the rounds, the source originated in Sky Italia (renowned garbage) and has been given legs by AS reporting it as a big story, since then obviously all other media sources are running with it based upon the AS report rather than the sky Italia one (as AS looks more 'sourced' than how sky italia would have any information on why the result between two spanish teams would dictate the future of another manager of another Spanish team and how Sky Italia of all places would be the first to have this story)

Perez the Madrod chairman has a colourful hostory with AS, and they are IMO trying to undermine the Real team prior to the final, Perez succesfully sued AS for a story they ran - think he domne them for defamation of character, AS have a definite agenda against madrid as can be expoected from a paper sued by the owner of a club.

Unless someone without a serious agenda against Real come out with a seperate source for this rumour, it strikes me as being compelte and utter bs, the same way we always get a player linked to United just before we play them in the media for example

Without turning this into a discussion about Real Madrid... I was surprised when I saw it as I thought that Zidane was thought to be doing a reasonable job. They were well off the pace in La Liga when he came in but ended up losing out on the last day. They are in the CL final and you would say they are favourites. He has been groomed in the club's B team to eventually be manager so I would be really shocked (even by Madrid standards) if they removed him. Don't forget he has been at the club as a coach pretty much since he finished playing so I think he will be there for next season.

Just a interesting little bit about the Emery to Real Madrid if they lose the final story doing the rounds, the source originated in Sky Italia (renowned garbage) and has been given legs by AS reporting it as a big story, since then obviously all other media sources are running with it based upon the AS report rather than the sky Italia one (as AS looks more 'sourced' than how sky italia would have any information on why the result between two spanish teams would dictate the future of another manager of another Spanish team and how Sky Italia of all places would be the first to have this story)

Perez the Madrod chairman has a colourful hostory with AS, and they are IMO trying to undermine the Real team prior to the final, Perez succesfully sued AS for a story they ran - think he domne them for defamation of character, AS have a definite agenda against madrid as can be expoected from a paper sued by the owner of a club.

Unless someone without a serious agenda against Real come out with a seperate source for this rumour, it strikes me as being compelte and utter bs, the same way we always get a player linked to United just before we play them in the media for example
GD914480.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.