Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone more knowledgeable than me explain why De Boer is not flavour of the month.....because from what I've read he's better than most. He's young, wants the job, has something to prove, has lots of connections and managed Ajax.....what's not to like! I mean people were creaming themselves when we got Martinez....from Wigan and Moyes from Preston. Just get it done FFS. I want De Boer....before he loses patience!

Let's be clear that Ajax are a long way off from being the force they once were. The Eredivisie is Championship level at best and in a two horse race, de Boer has lost the last two titles to PSV.

Irish journalist,Miguel Delaney, who is reputable is the source on this, although it was posted two days ago

http://www.espnfc.com/story/2878901...er&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=snsanalytics

BY
Tweet
2 days ago
Everton to meet with Sevilla's Unai Emery for coaching vacancy - sources
i

Unai Emery, whose team just lost to Barca in the Copa del Rey, is a front-runner for the Everton job.
Unai Emery will meet with Everton this week to discuss becoming their next manager, club sources have told ESPN FC, with the Spanish coach having emerged as the front-runner for the job.

Just off the back of winning the Europa League for a third successive time with Sevilla, the highly-rated 44-year-old is extremely keen to work in England.

Everton are also impressed with his work and there has already been contact between the two parties.

The Merseyside club sacked Roberto Martinez after finishing 12th in what was a second successive disappointing season, as the club seek to grow in a new era under new majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri.

i

Unai Emery's Sevilla had an off season in La Liga, but won the Europa League for a third campaign in a row.
Moshiri is willing to give Martinez's replacement considerable funds in the transfer market, with the hope that could prove persuasive in negotiations between Emery's representatives and the club's hierarchy.

Everton, however, still retain an interest in Frank De Boer, Manuel Pellegrini and top target Ronald Koeman, although they are aware that the Dutch coach could be difficult to prise from Southampton.

Emery's side finished their club campaign on Sunday on the short end of a 2-0 result to Barcelona in the Copa del Rey that saw Sevilla finish the match with nine men.

Given its origin in Seville, would Emery's interview in fact be The Spanish Inquisition?

There's a comedy sketch in there somewhere!

Can someone more knowledgeable than me explain why De Boer is not flavour of the month.....because from what I've read he's better than most. He's young, wants the job, has something to prove, has lots of connections and managed Ajax.....what's not to like! I mean people were creaming themselves when we got Martinez....from Wigan and Moyes from Preston. Just get it done FFS. I want De Boer....before he loses patience!
The Dutch League is mince

McLaren was viewed as Fergie over there mate when he won the league with FC Twente.

It doesn't mean De Boer isn't or couldn't become a very good manager, but his current achievements with Ajax are akin to winning the Scottish league with Celtic.

So he's viewed as unproven as a result. He'd be a big risk, especially handed a huge warchest

I'm a bit nervous mate I do trust Esk to tbh

Most are nervous mate, but it's just a leftover from Kenwright and the past 20 years which has conditioned us that way.

Look at the facts, Moshiri came in and within 4 months our underperforming manager has been booted, nothing remotely credible has us linked with anything like our old level of targets, uinstead the credible sources are linking us with a very much higher calibre of man.
The relaitionship that was in tatters between cluba nd the council is now looking good again, a awful idea on a new ground location has been thrown aside by the club, and we are looking apprantly at a new docklands location seriously, and in a timescale that prior to Moshiri would have been unimaginable.

Trust in @The Esk , he isn't one to get very many things wrong or to get carried away with hyperbole and gossip

One story says the club is meeting with his representatives, another that the club is meeting with Emery himself.

I would assume representatives first, then Emery later if the first part goes well.

Status
Not open for further replies.