Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Plausible deniability. Neither Mourinho's side or Everton will admit to contact.

On Mourinho's side, he's waiting to see what happens with United. He respects our club but United is his first choice, fair play to him. He'll stay silent.

On Everton's side, Moshiri is doing whatever he can to bring him here. If he doesn't get him he'll move on to the next target. And stay silent.

That's the way I see it. Ignore Sky and the Echo or other outlets. The landscape has changed they just haven't adapted yet.

I don't think any of these News outlets know, everyone is guessing. Obviously I`ll be ecstatic if we got someone of the calibre of Mourinho, but c`mon this is Everton.....

Brendan Rodgers turned down the Liverpool job in the media before then accepting it a few weeks later. I really wouldn't take any notice of the media or bookmakers when it comes to stuff like this. They clearly do not have that much access into the inner workings of the football industry. Posters on here were certain of Martinez's departure weeks before the mainstream media even put out tentative pieces which only really were promoted by the obvious fan discontent. They clearly had no clue what was going on until it happened.

Think about this.

We appoint Koeman or De Boer or Pellegrini instead of waiting for Mourinho.

Man utd win the FA cup decide to keep Van Gaal & Giggs in charge.

Sanchez Flores goes to Valencia. PSG extend Laurent Blancs contract.

Where does that leave Jose ? He obviously wouldnt be short of offers , not the ones he'd want tho.

I think we will have a new manager sooner than most think......Hurry up Jose .

Danny Murphy just said Koeman would want a bigger club than Everton. I think you will surprised when he rocks up at GP, Danny boy we are plenty big enough.
Don't think it's as bad as that bell sniff merse basically saying Martinez could manage barca but failed at Everton coz we're gash, think somebody has fell off the wagon

I think we'll need United to act fast one way or another on LVG, and then if that goes wrong for us, how quickly things pan out with Koeman at Southampton. United were pretty swift binning Moyes when it came, but it seems there's a lot more political stuff going on with next United appointment, so it may drag.

United where swift binning Moyes when top 4 was mathematically unachievable (Our 2-0 win was the final nail).
LVG can still make it with a 19 - 0 win so contractually he can not be dismissed yet, and has an FA Cup Final sadly on Saturday.
If his contract is dependant on CL, like Moyes' was, LVG 'could' be sacked early next week.

Exactly mate. I wasn't meaning to come across as snappy, just think that some fans need to realise that, all things considered, that's how we're viewed.

In size and history, we're bigger, yes. But in terms of quality on the field, at the moment we're in the same ball park.
Only difference is we're at that level as people haven't performed well, they're at that level with everyone playing out of there skins!

Think about this.

We appoint Koeman or De Boer or Pellegrini instead of waiting for Mourinho.

Man utd win the FA cup decide to keep Van Gaal & Giggs in charge.

Sanchez Flores goes to Valencia. PSG extend Laurent Blancs contract.

Where does that leave Jose ? He obviously wouldnt be short of offers , not the ones he'd want tho.

I think we will have a new manager sooner than most think......Hurry up Jose .
I guess his only option would be the Watford job in that scenario?

Status
Not open for further replies.