Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, beginning of March.. the infamous West Ham game, lost 3-2. Stones was subbed at half time

Rings true, that is when the rot really set in. Its certainly the game I turned against Martinez for his daft substitiutions - Ive said that in a previous thread
another ridiculous Martinez game. From heaven to hell in one half. As I reflect on his tenure, I'm going to remember him for all these "nearly" great moments: against West Ham (thrashing them with 10 men), Bournemouth (last gasp winner!), Chelsea (a topsy turvy game won away by the real blues), nearly winning the League Cup semi final away to City, etc.

Anyway. off topic. Soz.

Not excited by Koeman at all. If that's the extent of "New Everton's" ambition then we're in for more of the same of the last decade. We'll never know but if it ends up being Keoman I hope it's because half a dozen others turned us down and not because the new decision makers genuinely think he's a top option.

Mate we've finished in the bottom half of the table two seasons in a row and are lucky we don't sit anywhere from 15th-17th due to the ineptitude of other sides below us. Koeman has got Southampton on 60+ points for the second season in a now, while consistently losing their best players and replacing them with good buys while even managing a profit in turnover. He'll get more money to spend here for sure, and I reckon he'll have us competing for the CL places even in his first season here.

Sure, we've got a billionaire owner, but we're not going to be spending £200-300 million this summer and buying Messi and Ronaldo as some may have you believe. Ffs the owners of Newcastle, Stoke, Southampton, and even Leicester are worth as much as if not more than Moshiri so let's not go overboard. We're still in no position to be turning our heads at managers like Koeman. His teams play well, he's done very well in the transfer market and would vastly improve us. Just compare that to some of the names flying around before Martinez joined.

With some of the dross in the squad I feel Koeman or who ever will need a fair bit more than £100m this summer!

If he does, well he wouldn't be the first person to cross the Park - even though Lee is to say the least far from popular among blues....
if he is going to come it should be on the basis he can't appoint lee.

On a seperate note i am being overly harsh on Koeman, chances are i'd probably really like him because he's honest and he plays okay football.

I just don't want us to be all about just getting him, it should be various people interviewed, from all different backgrounds, and the best decided from that.

And it is a average / safe manager appointment but i can understand it.

We'll see what happens i'm sure it'll take time.

Any manager bar Rafael would have my 100 percent full support though.

A lifelong red as an assitant coach,,,,pass
It would actually be nice to see some excitement on the bench when we score amongst the coaches for a change. Sammy gets excited

|When did Lawrence, Jones and co actually get of their seats. Most of the time they were half asleep

Mate we've finished in the bottom half of the table two seasons in a row and are lucky we don't sit anywhere from 15th-17th due to the ineptitude of other sides below us. Koeman has got Southampton on 60+ points for the second season in a now, while consistently losing their best players and replacing them with good buys while even managing a profit in turnover. He'll get more money to spend here for sure, and I reckon he'll have us competing for the CL places even in his first season here.

Sure, we've got a billionaire owner, but we're not going to be spending £200-300 million this summer and buying Messi and Ronaldo as some may have you believe. Ffs the owners of Newcastle, Stoke, Southampton, and even Leicester are worth as much as if not more than Moshiri so let's not go overboard. We're still in no position to be turning our heads at managers like Koeman. His teams play well, he's done very well in the transfer market and would vastly improve us. Just compare that to some of the names flying around before Martinez joined.

I'm going to preface this reply with the fact that I definitely do not want Benitez anywhere near our club.

Newcastle are currently managed by a champions league winner who's previous job was Real Madrid. Shouldn't we be able to attract a similar calibre manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.