Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ronald-koeman-roberto-martinez-goodison-park-

Everton want Ronald Koeman to succeed Roberto Martínez and hope to lure the Southampton coach with the promise of the biggest transfer budget in their history.

Farhad Moshiri, Everton’s new major shareholder, sacked Martínez on Thursdayand has earmarked Southampton’s manager as his preferred replacement. The British-Iranian billionaire faces a challenge to prise the 53-year-old from St Mary’s, however, even with Koeman yet to commit to a new contract and having just over 12 months remaining on his deal.

It is fair to say that Ronald is the most likely at this stage? Or is it fairly up in the air?

I'm not mad on koeman at all I think it would be really middle of the road / boring / almost too safe.

But I can understand why we would approach him and I know hed be better than martinez was.

I just hope we actually properly interview multiple candidates and not just set out sights on Koeman.

De Boer sounds like he's had a few issues at ajax with playing bobby style football. However the team is totally unrecognisable from previous ajax teams and he seems to be quite determined in his career.

Proper in the fence with this fella.

Koeman has had failures but success as well, done a good job at the saints against all odds. Plays a good pressing game, but his he just a Dutch mark Hughes.

Ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.