Confirmed: Roberto Martinez Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moshiri/Ryazantsev forced it through mate, not sure Bill was a willing participant. Anyway as mentioned, the power shift has started, Moshiri/Ryazantsev are controlling the recruitment process and at least one new board member is arriving early summer.
Makes a change to have a ruthless businessman/men in charge. I'm sure Bill was doing what he thought was for the best, but it's clearly not worked. He's had a romantic and often misguided view on how a business like Everton should be run and I'm just glad the tough decisions and all future tough decisions have been taken out of his hands.

I would change that to about 80% mate. We have much more than 0.5% whoppers in our fan base.

Yeah mate. Its only 80% if you consider it in mass terms rather than numbers @MoutsGoat and @chicoazul making up the bulk.

But still its sad about Martinez.

However, as I said earlier. EFC is about more than one man.

Take note Kenwright. You Bill, ARE NOT EFC.

It's very heartening to see how dignified most of the comments are on this thread. It's things like this that make me proud to be a Blue. Roberto deserves respect, even though he pushed it towards the end.

...he needs a holiday mate, he genuinely looked utterly torn yesterday.

Shame like but hey-ho.

Tatty-bye :bye:

You were always 'The next game' type of manager. You were too stubborn. You couldn't concentrate on anything but the cups while we were in them, putting all your eggs in the one basket; with the mindset of: "Well, if we got out, there's always the league"

Just like you did at wigan in your final year there. Except you left it too late there. Fortunately, you had better resources to keep you - at least for the time being - out of such peril. Had you continued into next season, I dread to think what might've been.

I got wise to you relatively early on. We never truly destroyed teams, as we escaped conceding by as much good fortune as good management, as well as a lot of our alleged 'great football' coming from the same amount, through second balls & rebounds, rather than specific standards of play.

Then you made it so everything was congested in the opponent's third; we hardly scored from free-flowing moves, almost NEVER from set plays - our 'good' goals came mainly from swift counterattacks. Extremely seldomly through the 200+ passes you insisted the players make...So why did you make them play like that?

The away game at spurs last season was your 'Stalingrad moment'. 1-0 up, and in total control, Harry Kane starts pressing our defence, and from that minute on we visibly wilted. Every manager watching that cottoned on at that point, and what did you do to change tack, when subsequent teams pressed our back line?

Nothing. Zilch. Diddly-Squat. Everyone else seen it, so why didn't you? Oh, you did?! But you insisted the team doesn't train defensivley, or practice set plays...

No use blaming anyone but yourself; but I doubt your too arsed. You'll enjoy your bunce for failure, and before too long, you'll hoodwink your way into another high-paid position, most likely at a championship club with aspirations.

I doubt you'll fulfill theirs, neither. If that ends up being the case, it'd be wise not to promise them anything, and then blame everyone but yourself and your tactics, when it's obvious you won't deliver.

Goodbye. I'd say 'farewell' but I'm really not arsed anymore. You're nothing to me now.

Passion is vital I agree, but if we want to bring in some quality exciting capable players, then a manager with some clout and reputation who has won domestic and European trophies as both a player and a manager is what we need.

How many quality up and coming European players will want to come and play for Alan Stubbs?
Good point well made

Excellent. It's still extremely frustrating that the board have allowed the last 2 months to happen though. Way too late this.

One thing we should thank Roberto for is that he tried to change the mentality at the club. He's raised expectations, and took every opportunity he had to big us up. We're a sleeping giant, not a club that should taking knives to gunfights. Shame his ability wasn't good enough to get us back to those days.

Excellent. It's still extremely frustrating that the board have allowed the last 2 months to happen though. Way too late this.

One thing we should thank Roberto for is that he tried to change the mentality at the club. He's raised expectations, and took every opportunity he had to big us up. We're a sleeping giant, not a club that should taking knives to gunfights. Shame his ability wasn't good enough to get us back to those days.
Concur with this

Status
Not open for further replies.