Votes: 66 8.2%
  • Frank De Boer

Votes: 183 22.7%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 51 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jose would be the dream. I still think we are 3 big players (GK, CB and MID) from competing and I think Jose would shine with Stones, Barkley and Rom.

His stats boast as one of the best managers in the world and commercially it would boost us.

If our new owner has the ambition he will want the best

The name Afshin Ghotbi floating about. Worked under hiddink at the Korea National Job and friendly with Moshiri

Out of that lot then it's Koeman because he has already shown how he can lose his best players yet still put together a team capable of challenging for Europe. But it'll be Frank.

No idea what this source is, literally just found it on twitter but here:
http://www.everydaytips.co.uk/football/mourinho-next-everton-manager/2484

Mourinho Next Everton Manager?
We will take a look at why it is the next possible step for Jose. Numerous times, Mourinho has claimed a certain respect for Everton fans, he’s even suggested that he would manage Everton in the past. What took Mourinho in at Chelsea was his love for the club and the fans, with Everton being a family club, he could look to build a great relationship with an extremely passionate set of fans. The Everton fans have fell out of love with Roberto Martinez after his recent run of results and “boring” football style.

Not a usual selection for Mourinho, however after this half season at Chelsea, he will look to jump back up and manager another club. There was large speculation that he would be managing Manchester United. Van Gaal has provided a bit of a resurgence there of late so it could very well be that he is given a little more time to prove he is right for Old Trafford.

This leaves Mourinho without large speculation against his name (although he will remain to be strongly linked to Manchester United). Everton only being on the other end of the East Lancashire Road, it could be a very attractive opportunity. Everton also have a fantastic team at present, it has even been suggested that it is the strongest squad Everton have had in a generation.

There is also some underground talk that suggests Farhad Moshiri has already had a conversation with Mourinho. Being a shrewd business man, Moshiri will know he will need to act with plenty of time to spare if he is going to pull off a coup as big as this. Everton need a game changer to push in the Premier League, this certainly would be it.

As a City fan I can't understand why anyone would vote for Pellegrini. His time at City is remarkably similar to Martinez at Everton. Both took over a team with a good solid defence. Both of them did well in their first year whilst their respective teams were still influenced by their previous managers. It's taken them both a couple of years to impress their identity onto their respective teams, and that identity is one of slack defending, lethargy and a couldn't give a toss attitude. Both Everton and City have become easy to play against, and that was never the case under Moyes and Mancini.
Good luck with your next manager.

Mourinho for me... De Boer seems to have the tippy tappy possession philosophy Martinez liked. Obviously I could live with that if he placed a better emphasis on defending. Koeman or Pellegrini don't excite me one bit.

We need a big name to keep hold of our good players and attract good players.

I would love Mourinho but doubt it will be him. Would settle for any of the other 3 quite happily.

Status
Not open for further replies.