Should Martinez still be manager for the FA Cup Semi Final?

Should Martinez be manager at FA Cup semi final?

• Yes

Votes: 99 10.5%
  • No

Votes: 846 89.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont get, the mocking of Martinez "the clown" comments etc. I particularly dont get them seeing most on here, if they are being honest were lauding him two years ago as the saviour of Goodison and hoping Barca didnt poach him.

Fair to say, its gone belly up and this isnt a defense or will to keep the management team in place. But do we have to vilify the man, it just hasnt worked, we bought into a philosphey and its proved ineffective, no need to ridicule the man.

Its broadly unfortunate as i firmly believe that the management team have a strong affection for Everton and tremendous good will gone into their work over seasons. No bad intentions, politics or self promotion.

A parting of the ways is necessary, lets do it with a bit of dignity and humanity though.

If this means happy clapping if he's still in charge against Bournemouth - count me out

The biggest difference is that I saw exactly what he was doing to the likes of you ages ago. Can't believe so many bit.

Anyway...I hope Martinez isn't managing the game on Saturday.

...doing? As in winding up.

Haaaaaaaaa....

Excellent, again, well done for supporting that then m'friend, how very proud you must be for being just so darrrrrrn insightful....

And there was me, thinking Davey was 100% committed to everything said and none of it was for comic effect at all...

Incidentally twinkle, you're giving him WAY too much kudos.

Then again, we oft' build our heroes up don't we, it's quite natural I suppose.

Yes though, BOB out eh...

....and you're lauding him. Well played mate.

I referenced said point because it's outstanding in its very stupidity, yes?

He's a good guy Dave, I'm sure, a clever, funny poster and without doubt a good and decent blue I think who brings some good arguments to the table and early on made me more than once step back and reconsider my stance on the manager - something you never have incidentally - as, frankly, I can't bear fawning.

But how patronising a tone you see fit to use from afar eh. Hundreds of 'you' etc...implying you're beyond & above taking umbrage with such a WUM & rum point made, unless of course you're quite naturally dumb enough to assume that 5th is the same as 15th?

I'm not overly sure I know the answer to that TBH.

FYI: Should you need clarification then it really isn't, BTW - 5th & 15th - y'know, what with it being 10 less...

You're welcome...;)

I wonder, is it the same 'you' fans that were also being so toxic at Goodison and causing all the trouble??

'You' fans... hmm. 'You'... not us... not 'we'... never been the ground (ever)...

Ainsley-Harriott-330259.jpg

...........'It's a reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed cheese day!'

Interesting, he'd piped down while Chico and Dave were on a leave of absence... one post from the man and he's back on the charge...

Interesting, he'd piped down while Chico and Dave were on a leave of absence... one post from the man and he's back on the charge...

I didn't really though, did I? You are welcome to search my browsing history.

So yeah...I am less of a fan because I've never been to the ground. Yeah...whatever.

Anyway, I do think Martinez should not be managing on Saturday...to remain on topic and all that.

I wonder, is it the same 'you' fans that were also being so toxic at Goodison and causing all the trouble??

'You' fans... hmm. 'You'... not us... not 'we'... never been the ground (ever)...

Ainsley-Harriott-330259.jpg

...........'It's a reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed cheese day!'

Dave has returned?

I have waited until now to post after sitting in their Main stand last night and listening to their nauseating chants whilst being thoroughly humiliated by the players on the pitch. I cannot see anyway we can continue with this regime, sorry Bobby but you're out of your depth!

I don't know what is in the mind of Moshiri and Kenwright at present. If Everton qualify for the Cup final on Saturday will that be enough to extend his tenure to the final and if we win , will that be enough to stretch that into being manager next season.... I don't know.
It may be that the die is already cast and it is now a timing issue before the manager leaves.

I suspect that nobody else on here does either.

Regardless of all of that. Last night Everton put out a team that beforehand I think most would have said was the strongest in the circumstances.

What bothers me more than anything is how bad the players were. The lack of appetite for the game, the lack of professionalism . The absolute lack of heart and guts.
Forget the manager for a second. He is already so much under the spotlight that he needs sunglasses all the time. Because of the attention on the manager the abject performance of the players is not really being focused on...and it should.

They, as much as the manager let the name of a proud club down badly. They were shameful and any prospective new manager would have sen very little to entice him to the club.

He's dismantled our TEAM and simply thrown a load of players towards the goal. His plan B is to cross his fingers.
Everybody involved in Everton FC in any way should be given the opportunity to boot him up the arse on his way out of the door!!!!!!

@davek is a fantastic poster and a fantastic blue.

Even if he defended Martinez like he was defending General Custer as one of the 7th Cavalry at the battle of the little big horn.

I wouldn't blame him. Nor should any one else on here. Or hold it against Dave.

It wouldn't be being an Evertonian to not live the dream.

Its all part of being a blue.

However given last night I'm of the view that Moshiri will act in due course.

If he does and Martinez goes. I'd still buy @davek a beer. Think some on here need to remember that Dave supports EFC.

Thats what matters most.

@davek is a fantastic poster and a fantastic blue.

Even if he defended Martinez like he was defending General Custer as one of the 7th Cavalry at the battle of the little big horn.

I wouldn't blame him. Nor should any one else on here. Or hold it against Dave.

It wouldn't be being an Evertonian to not live the dream.

Its all part of being a blue.

However given last night I'm of the view that Moshiri will act in due course.

If he does and Martinez goes. I'd still buy @davek a beer. Think some on here need to remember that Dave supports EFC.

Thats what matters most.

Damo mate, Dave's a hall of famer - even if only for his work in the Liverpool thread back in the Suarez era. Top blue, bit mental with Martinez yes but we all have blind spots.

Key thing is he took a side and stuck to it - never shifted, well played him. If and when we win the FA Cup it will be a triumphant posting return and no mistake. Incidentally it's good to see you back in the thick of it.

This other cat however has cheese on both sides of his toxic toast.

Anyway back on topic, Martinez will be getting the boot very very soon and we'll all be much happier for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.