Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't even bother. He's a manager that lead the American Men's national team to nothing at all.

He pulled a ragtag squad to 2nd in a FIFA competition. Which is more than almost all managers can say.

And he's got 1 continental cup, 2 domestic cups, and a top flight league title. Better honors list than we're going to get out of most serious candidates.

I'm just gonna roll with this now. I'm sorry.

I don't think that's the case to be honest. I've been loyal to Martinez because it has felt like we were on the cusp of something exciting. This is a big blow, to be sure, but the season isn't over and there's still time to see something materialise.

That being said, tonight will be a crushing blow to our lads' already fragile confidence, and even I can admit it will be very difficult to claw back any sort of success before the end of the season.

So under what circumstances when you feel he has to go at the end of season? This is bad enough.

The top top managers want a big wage, a big budget, and guaranteed Champions League football.

The type of guaranteed Champions League football you get at the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool and United? It's entirely possible that none of them will be playing Champions League football next year.

Some of the best managers in football would be without a job if they limited themselves in the way you say they do.

He pulled a ragtag squad to 2nd in a FIFA competition. Which is more than almost all managers can say.

And he's got 1 continental cup, 2 domestic cups, and a top flight league title. Better honors list than we're going to get out of most serious candidates.

I'm just gonna roll with this now. I'm sorry.
Haha I love what I assume is at least partly a joke but those cups you mention are two USA Open cups, one MLS championship and for the continental cup our only competition ever in the CONCACAF cup is Mexico so it's not that hard. I'm all for serious candidates to replace Martinez but I doubt Bradley could do any better let alone attract anyone of the level (player wise) that Martinez can. It would be like hiring a crap version of Moyes in my opinion.

HAHA and the white type don't lie. Carry on you crazy diamond.

The type of guaranteed Champions League football you get at the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool and United? It's entirely possible that none of them will be playing Champions League football next year.

Some of the best managers in football would be without a job if they limited themselves in the way you say they do.

Yes and they will still be able to attract a higher profile manager than us because their budgets are massive.

In for me.

But with some changes.

Keeper gone and replaced, and a creative midfielder of proven quality to feed the attacking players we have.

I said let's review the matter in X'mas last summer and now he has failed again. He has till the end of season for me but at the rate he has to go. 18 wins out of 61 is ridicious. And we all know he can't be arsed to keep a clean sheet!

Can we keep Martinez as assistant manager to convince great young players to sign for us, teach players how to attack and charm the press?

Haha I love what I assume is at least partly a joke but those cups you mention are two USA Open cups, one MLS championship and for the continental cup our only competition ever in the CONCACAF cup is Mexico so it's not that hard. I'm all for serious candidates to replace Martinez but I doubt Bradley could do any better let alone attract anyone of the level (player wise) that Martinez can. It would be like hiring a crap version of Moyes in my opinion.
Gotta be at least partly a joke, but I have no doubt he'd have us higher than 12th in the league. He'd shore up the defense for starters. Granted, most decent managers could have us higher than 12th...As for attracting players, players want to come to winning clubs. We're not exactly looking like one.

The top top managers want a big wage, a big budget, and guaranteed Champions League football.

Top wage and budget is fine, as for Champions League yes they might all want to but with only a small number of clubs playing in it it isn't accessble for many. We already have the nucleus of a good squad, we just haven't got a manager who can work with them.

Speaking of us national team coaches didn't someone on here suggest klinnsmann? Hahaha very similar to Bobby

Status
Not open for further replies.