Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless he can take up the role Kone plays next to Lukaku, where does Yarmolenko fit in Martinez's preferred formation? I'm genuinely asking. Do you move Deulofeu across the field as an inside forward (the way Cleverley/Mirallas tuck into the middle)?

He's a good player, it just seems like an odd fit, especially at that price.
This. Obviously it would be an insane and exciting signing but it seems like a huge amount of money for a player we probably do not even need. Would rather sign a decent keeper or back up striker

Sign a random Turnip for 10million
That will fool them
9A72C547-24EC-4520-9889-9AF9D29A8420_zpsqmugsm4t.gif

1 of 3 things need to happen regarding this Yarmolenko fiasco.

Number 1. We offer Kyiv (or their nutjob chairman) exactly what he wants for Yarmolenko (could be up to £30m) to secure the deal.
Number 2. We offer Kyiv (or their nutjob chairman) a substantial amount for Yarmolenko (could be up to £20m) and loan him back to them til the end of the season to secure the deal.
Number 3. We tell Kyiv (or their nutjob chairman) to kiss our ring piece and go look for somebody else who may cost less and may even be just as good, if not better!

I have to admit I am open to any of the above. And number 3 in particular as the transfer window runs out!

Number 1. We offer Kyiv (or their nutjob chairman) exactly what he wants for Yarmolenko (could be up to £30m) to secure the deal.
Number 2. We offer Kyiv (or their nutjob chairman) a substantial amount for Yarmolenko (could be up to £20m) and loan him back to them til the end of the season to secure the deal.
Number 3. We tell Kyiv (or their nutjob chairman) to kiss our ring piece and go look for somebody else who may cost less and may even be just as good, if not better!

I have to admit I am open to any of the above. And number 3 in particular as the transfer window runs out!

Must admit I'm getting bored with the Yarmolenko stuff now. Leaning towards option 3 myself, move on and leave the crazies behind

You would like to think we are looking at alternatives anyway to be honest. At £15m in the summer it seemed like a great deal. Even at £21m mention earlier this month it would seem worthwhile, but more than that is too much imo particularly considering that we really need someone for the left.

We need to try to get this Yarmelenko deal tied up right now tbh, otherwise you can guarantee that it will drag on throughout next summer with no hope of a positive outcome then either, get it done one way or the other and move on - hopefully with him on board, the summer needs to be about addressing other areas of the squad that are in bad need of fixing - goalkeeper being the prime one ofc, next summer could be mental enough with the undoubted interest and bids getting fired in at us throughout for Stones, Lukaku and Barkley so need to get as much done early before that all kicks of mentalist style.

Call me a cynic but part of the reason i want him in right now even if it means letting him go back on ,loan till the summer is that any money we had to do the deal will just evaporate in a mix of the new sky money and any player sale and we wont see a penny of what we supposedly have and are bidding with again

You would like to think we are looking at alternatives anyway to be honest. At £15m in the summer it seemed like a great deal. Even at £21m mention earlier this month it would seem worthwhile, but more than that is too much imo particularly considering that we really need someone for the left.
And to me its not just the money, its the time its all taking. If we are actually in for him, we're dealing with very difficult people. Patience is a massive part of the game thats being played out. Broadly speaking we, as fans, don't really possess that patience. I suspect its summer or bust with this one. Which begs the question - Do we wait until then, or bring someone else in (alternative) in this window.

And to me its not just the money, its the time its all taking. If we are actually in for him, we're dealing with very difficult people. Patience is a massive part of the game thats being played out. Broadly speaking we, as fans, don't really possess that patience. I suspect its summer or bust with this one. Which begs the question - Do we wait until then, or bring someone else in (alternative) in this window.
Think we could do with someone now. If we have a poor 2nd half of the season then I don't think we could keep Rom or Stones beyond the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.