Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
....Charlton could do with the money but that seems a lot to pay (mind you I haven't seen him).

2 footed and really quick. I think we should be signing Dembeleto compete with lukaku and perhaps this guy as 3rd choice to develop.

Byram is a strange one as im stuck on the fact that hes never played for england youth at any level despite being in the media for a few years now and highly rated...its weird.

The chelsea kid could be a good move as well...interesting martinez saying we wont be getting a striker but hes known to lie even as recently as saying stones wont be right back.

who knows..

I don't think we need a striker, Kone can do that job if need be that's where he is at his best, he's a poacher that why he's not that good anywhere else. It would be nice to see a big signing but it isn't vital as players are coming back from injure. In a few weeks Pienaar could well be starting on the left again. I'd love Yarmolenko but I doubt that will happen. I can see Naismith going so that may signal a signing, but our squad is big and I think Martinez has said McGeady and Gibson would only be short term loans. So my thinking is Martinez is still very much thinking we will be in Europe next season and will need them players.

2 footed and really quick. I think we should be signing Dembeleto compete with lukaku and perhaps this guy as 3rd choice to develop.

Byram is a strange one as im stuck on the fact that hes never played for england youth at any level despite being in the media for a few years now and highly rated...its weird.

The chelsea kid could be a good move as well...interesting martinez saying we wont be getting a striker but hes known to lie even as recently as saying stones wont be right back.

who knows..

i wouldnt worry about lack of england recognition, the management just have their favourites and ignore some deserving cases.

who knows..

What chelsea kid?

If we don't end up with Yarmo then I want Marc Albrighton. He won't be cheap but has been class for Leicester this season. Fast, decent at set pieces and a good crosser.

mefnirV.gif

If we don't end up with Yarmo then I want Marc Albrighton. He won't be cheap but has been class for Leicester this season. Fast, decent at set pieces and a good crosser.

Plus I would be surprised if Vardy scores another 5 goals this season ....... and probably wont get to double figures next.

anyone spending over £10m on him would need their heads checking

Even if he does, at 29 he is as good as he will get. When you factor in his main strength is pace, which often seems to be one of the first attributes of the modern footballer to be negatively affected by age, you're looking at a player who's effectiveness could plummet very quickly.
Personally I wouldn't even spend 10 million on him despite how good he's been.

Would have Yarmo any day over Albrighton. Just think it'd be a good shout if Yarmo doesn't come.

I mean he's a good player but when you have £22m to spend on a left winger that isn't Yarmolenko, you don't blow it all on blooming Marc Albrighton.

Last edited:
Even if he does, at 29 he is as good as he will get. When you factor in his main strength is pace, which often seems to be one of the first attributes of the modern footballer to be negatively affected by age, you're looking at a player who's effectiveness could plummet very quickly.
Personally I wouldn't even spend 10 million on him despite how good he's been.

No way, not in a million years will anyone spend over £10m on Jamie Vardy. These rumours of top clubs chasing him have been completely fabricated by the media, desperate to whip up a frenzy about an English player who's been in decent form. I fully expect all the top clubs to leave him well and truly alone, and come this time next year we'll all be pulling out these stories and laughing as he's scored 3 goals in 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.