Newcastle United v Everton. Boxing Day at 1730.

Geordies

• Sound

Votes: 34 12.9%
  • Prefer Mackems

Votes: 134 51.0%
  • Never liked the Scottish myself

Votes: 73 27.8%
  • Preferable to pretty much all the other teds in the country

Votes: 22 8.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top piece of ranting, fully understandable in the present circumstances. Also read your "on the fence piece" and couldn't agree with you more.

I often wonder how far Howard Kendall would have got us if we'd had twitter/bookface/internet in the eighties, plenty of fume going on pre internet for his head before Oxford. Things were far worse then. As the great Barlow said (no, not Stuart)you just need a little patience.

It's funny how people are saying how crap our defence is now when we have two players who would net us upwards of £70 mill, must be that useless Argie and that rubbish England/future England player at left back. It's the lack of a leader that's letting us down, the Andy Gray point was spot on, we need a catalyst, of a result or a really good signing in Jan in the form of a Gray/Reid to push us as we have talent in spades, just need someone to pull us along when the going gets tough.

COYB, do these
I've got a terrible memory for anything more than a couple of weeks ago but something I'll never forget is Peter Reid running on as sub when we were behind in a cup tie; word in the ear of a few, growling encouragement at few more and even a little 'remember how good you are' nod to a couple. Remember it because I usually try to judge players and managers by whether I'd want to be playing for them or with them, and right then I'd have felt like a world beater myself. We won.
One of first away games I saw this spirit at was to this angry shower. We fought back on three occasions to snatch it with an Andy Gray header.
Anyway this side has everything that team had except that desire. Players forgetting their own profiles and just playing. Can't see where it's gonna come from but just got a feeling it will happen. Diving header to win it from Naismith today.

Mirallas as much as he irritates me, or Lennon should be in over Geri this game. His pulling out of headers and tackles in the game against Leicester was unacceptable however ace he is. If you're playing for Everton you have to have a bit more about you as we can't afford 100% luxury against teams that graft their arse off. Plus, I'd rather see Geri rag them coming off the bench after 65 mins.
We really have to get back to winning ways, and if we're outwitted by the Wally with the Brolly then the Fume-O-Meter will blow it's top quicker than me having a dabble with Rachel McAdams...or even just thinking about having a dabble.....like a shaken bottle of Pomagne!

There was literally buckets of surface water on the pitch at St James' the other day vs Villa, not sure if we have a plan B to cope with not being able to short pass all day, but looks like we'll need one.

I almost feel that Deulofeu is going to do today what Barkely did last season,going for a win for us and on monday,we were suppose to be flying there or that was the plan 2 days ago lol

Status
Not open for further replies.