Match Thread Middlesbrough Vs Everton - Capital One Cup - Quarter Final - Tuesday 1st December - 19:45 KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Baines is still out then someone supporting Galloway on the left is paramount. Don't think Boro will shy away from getting down our left and putting balls into the box.

....don't really want to open the Robles v Howard debate but with the best part of a week until our next game RM should go with what he thinks is the strongest team he has available.

....don't really want to open the Robles v Howard debate but with the best part of a week until our next game RM should go with what he thinks is the strongest team he has available.

Though I don't agree with Martinez always starting Howard in the league no matter what, at least he's straight up came out and said Howard plays league games and Joel plays cup games.

The prospect of it going to penalties with Robles in goal is rather concerning, at least if you start with a weakened team and a strong bench there's plenty of scope to change the course of a game. But obviously the starting keeper will see the match out, barring an injury, and you'd want your best man available for the worse case scenario now it's getting close to the business end of the competition.

Think we should be learning our lessons from the Arsenal cup game a couple of seasons back.

The prospect of it going to penalties with Robles in goal is rather concerning, at least if you start with a weakened team and a strong bench there's plenty of scope to change the course of a game. But obviously the starting keeper will see the match out, barring an injury, and you'd want your best man available for the worse case scenario now it's getting close to the business end of the competition.

Think we should be learning our lessons from the Arsenal cup game a couple of seasons back.

..I suppose there's the argument that Robles was MoM in the last round and got us through the shoot out but my concern is he's not playing regularly in these pressure matches. Fingers crossed he'll be ok.

Robles
Coleman Stones FM Baines
McCarthy Besic
Deulofeu Barkley KM
Lukaku

I think we need legs more than anything against a Boro side who will start quickly and try and take the game to us. I can't imagine with them being at home that they will sit in so I think the two in the middle need to be mobile.

Of course, McCarthy may be injured so we could see Gibson or even Baines in there.

Whatever the team he goes for, I just hope to God he plays Deulofeu. He has shown that he really is too good for the lower leagues and tore Barnsley a new one whilst getting the winner against Reading.

Just please play Deulofeu.

Roberto?

its sold out by the way, rumours of Everton in the east end seats........you won't find any trouble in there if that's the case (not that it's why you're in them, if its even true)

Setting off into town now, COME ON BORO!

Reckon it'll be Cleverly and Baines on the left, Mirallas on the right. Kone and Deulofeu on if that doesn't work.

Whoever is fit in the middle by the looks of it.

We'll surely see naismith at some stage also

Status
Not open for further replies.