Match Thread Southampton v Everton. 15th Aug at 12.45.

How worried are you?

• Dead worried

Votes: 107 21.9%
  • Pissed off like

Votes: 134 27.5%
  • Not that arsed

Votes: 51 10.5%
  • I'm a grown adult

Votes: 104 21.3%
  • Shakiri is a pipe little hobbit

Votes: 92 18.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

This has to be the "penny dropping' moment. When we move the ball at pace to the forwards we score. I don't mean holding it up the park, I mean driving out of defence. We can't go back to taking 25 passes to move the ball 50 yards.
We can vary our play now, invite teams on and hit them on the break; still need the playmaker to open up those teams who will sit back so that we can't use the counter attack. Now that our tails are up bring in the midfielder we need.
Just a thought, maybe Shaqiri is thinking "Why did I pick Stoke"

Thought Jags was great yesterday and marshalled the defence brilliantly and loved the way he shouted to Coleman, 'just tw*t it' as he pointed up the pitch.

Indeed.

I wonder if Jags has felt slighted by all the nonsense about Stones "would learn more playing ten games beside Terry than he would by playing all season alongside Jagielka" bollox?

Maybe Jags's game will improve on foot of this.

Indeed.

I wonder if Jags has felt slighted by all the nonsense about Stones "would learn more playing ten games beside Terry than he would by playing all season alongside Jagielka" bollox?

Maybe Jags's game will improve on foot of this.

It is very difficult to 'learn' from Terry when he has always been protected by poor refereeing decisions in his favour. If he was that good a 'mentor' then Cahill would not be the donkey he is.

For our 2nd goal did everyone else think Barkley was going to pass to his left to Cleverly rather than slotting Lukaku through? I was actually surprised.
Yes. He'd have been right to as well, but then Lukaku's blistering acceleration into space must have caught his peripheral vision and he's gone the other way.

Lukaku was a demon there yesterday. Made so much happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.