Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In crappy pumps as well.

If Everton was a person, it would have proper bad BO.

But, it was a player back in the day. Now it's a mess that drinks turps.
if Everton were a person it would be john Rambo , former great , down on his luck living in squalor reliving former glories and not fitting in with the modern world, while others look down and just see a scruffy tramp, we know deep down there is something special just waiting to spring into life.

It's a shame Bilic is at West Ham otherwise he'd be nailed on to join us but I think the Bilic effect will prove important for West ham here.. I'd rather Halilovic over Praet personally

YouTube and a few Barca B/Zagreb highlights. He looks awesome, almost Messi like in how he plays, but that means nothing at his age. Praet would be the safer option with league and CL experience.

Excellent, YouTube montage!!! Did it have a Euro trance track playing as well.

Can he play in a non ventilated shirt?

Season starts in less than two weeks though so any signings now have missed our preseason. The starting 11 is virtually the same team who came 11th last season. If we do make signings we'll throw away points in the first few games whilst they settle. If we'd secured Lukaku early in the window in 13/14 we might have come fourth. Don't know why we leave it late every single window always trying to pay as little as possible and hoping some desperate player at a club will force through a move at a lower price for us in the last few hours of the window.

I think at the end of the day mate, Martinez and to a further extent, Moyes were both very keen to maintain a status quo of the squad. It may suck waiting for signings but what it boils down to is that the signing they want or wanted become available later on if the player's clubs get desperate. Sometimes it doesn't happen, sometimes it does.

http://www.espnfc.com/soccer-transf...ted-assessing-barnsley-defender-mason-holgate
Manchester United have taken teenage prospect Mason Holgate on trial with his club, Barnsley, expecting the defender to leave Oakwell.
Holgate, who has also been linked with Arsenal, Aston Villa, Tottenham and Everton, has the chance to impress United's coaching staff this week.

Barnsley boss Lee Johnson had earlier said the League One club were resigning themselves to losing the 18-year-old, who can play at right-back or centre-back and is reported to be valued at around £1 million. "There's been a lot of interest in Mason and, at this stage it looks like we're destined to lose him, but you never know what's going to happen," Johnson told the Sheffield-based Star newspaper last week. "The player can always change his mind.

"It's great for the lad to be training with Manchester United, it's a fantastic opportunity, but of course I want him to stay and really feel as though he could benefit from a full season in our first team." Johnson added: "It's an easy sell [to try and keep Mason here]. He played quite a lot of games last season, but I think the best route for him is to play 40 games for us next season and get as much experience as he can.

"There's lot of different routes to the top, but hopefully he decides to stay with us. But of course it must been really tempting to go to United or another Premier League club. "The question then is 'How many games will you play?' You could go out on loan, but selfishly I want Mason to stay and develop more as a player here."

Status
Not open for further replies.