John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we delving into the realms of silliness now? It's been rejected and the radio are reporting* he's said he's happy here.

Firstly I'd prefer him to stay, and secondly I don't think Chelsea are going to cough up over £30m at present for him. I'd hope not anyway.

*BBC Radio Merseyside @11:00 today

Look at Chelsea last signings, Costa for 32 million, fab for 30 million, hazard was 32 million. Can you really see Chelsea doing a man city and paying way over the odds

Personally doubt they will come in to hard this Window, think they will see how Terry gets on injury wise and make another bid in January, then next Summer they will refuse to hear the word no.

The big problem for me is if we do sell does anyone trust Martinez to spend the money wisely? I dont at the minute.

Cant afford to waste the opportunity like Moyes did with the Lescott money.

Would it though? The lad has a 13-15 year career as a centre half before him. Rooney has cot the mancs an average transfer fee of £3 million per season. That "mega-deal" looks a bargain for them now.

Even if we rejected £59m that doesn't mean he's gonna be here for the rest of his career does it?

Look at Chelsea last signings, Costa for 32 million, fab for 30 million, hazard was 32 million. Can you really see Chelsea doing a man city and paying way over the odds

Dunno. But buying young players and banging them in the first team has never been Jose's way has it? Proven, quality is his MO.

Stones breaks that cycle, so daft money, or whistle.

True enough. United hardly seemed to push the boat out to get him though. Chelsea have gone straight in with 20 million. They mean business and I'd personally be surprised if they don't get stones this window

I would be astonished if he went this window. Other than for squillions.

Are we delving into the realms of silliness now? It's been rejected and the radio are reporting* he's said he's happy here.

Firstly I'd prefer him to stay, and secondly I don't think Chelsea are going to cough up over £30m at present for him. I'd hope not anyway.

*BBC Radio Merseyside @11:00 today
I'd be more concerned about City coming in for him tbh...don't think United will as square head is a fool

I think, unless Chelsea go really stupid and offer us 40 million or so, that Stones will remain an Everton player.
In an ideal world, he'd still be around to partner with Galloway, or maybe Browning for the next three or four years.

If we can keep Stones long enough to bring Galloway through, then we'll be in a much stronger position.

We should be dumping the crap anyway, without selling Stones, McCarthy, Barkley are any of the other top players.

True, but can anyone on here actually tell me that if a genuine £59m bid came in for Stones now they'd want us to say no? Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.