Which Everton games have left you feeling high as a kite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Arsenal and Man United games last season.
The 95 semi/cup final were pretty boss. Was 9 and they were my first experience of away days.
An apex in a otherwise dire decade of Royal Blue football.

3-1 at home v Birmingham, looking like 1-1 which would have felt like a defeat, Carsley and Vaughan late on. Took me a week to get my voice
back

I actually really like the games where a player breaks through, like when we beat Arsenal 2-1 away, with Rooney scoring that goal.
On that point, I remember loving that 2-2 draw against Spurs when Seamus broke through. Must've been late 2009. He'd had his debut at left back away to Benfica, which ended badly of course, but he was still essentially an unknown £60k signing from Sligo Rovers when he came off the bench against Spurs.

If I remember rightly we were 2-0 down, and in the middle of a terrible run in the league. Seamus came off the bench and scared their life out of their left back (Assou-Ekotto?) and created two goals to tie the game at 2-2.

To make it even better I think Spurs then got a penalty to take it back to 3-2 to them, which would've been criminal, but Tim Howard (who NEVER saved penalties back then) kept it out. Was walking on air for days after all that.

Edit: I just looked it up and my memory of the game was almost spot on, except that the Tottenham left back who 60 Grand Seamus rinsed was actually 80 mil Gareth Bale! Source: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2009/dec/06/premier-league-everton-tottenham-hotspur

Last edited:
So many. In recent memory;

1995 v Newcastle FA Cup quarters. Boss atmosphere and knew we'd be ok that season after that, knew we'd get the cup after turgid football under Mike Walker.

Man Utd 2005. Best atmosphere I'd seen for years.

Liverpool 2004/5, cos we went 12 points clear of them, the week after they'd been jammy v Olympiakos and thought they were fab.

2013 v Chelsea, great first win for the current gaffer, and that takle Gareth Barry made early on to stop a certain goal said he wasn't just here to warm the bench. Kick started our good season last year.

Another shout here for the cup semi and final in 95. BBC creaming themselves over Spurs and Klinsmann and we obliterate them. Then the final itself....christ almighty I miss that feeling...

bring it back Bobby! starting tonight.

So many. In recent memory;

1995 v Newcastle FA Cup quarters. Boss atmosphere and knew we'd be ok that season after that, knew we'd get the cup after turgid football under Mike Walker.

Man Utd 2005. Best atmosphere I'd seen for years.

Liverpool 2004/5, cos we went 12 points clear of them, the week after they'd been jammy v Olympiakos and thought they were fab.

2013 v Chelsea, great first win for the current gaffer, and that takle Gareth Barry made early on to stop a certain goal said he wasn't just here to warm the bench. Kick started our good season last year.

My first game in a few seasons, and the first ever for my two younger brothers. Picked a good one to get over for, and went in the Gladys St lower thanks to sound advice on here. Atmosphere was fantastic. I´ve been lucky to have seen 3 classicos here since I moved to Barcelona but they were nothing compared to that day. Had to come to Goodison to see Jose beaten too! ;)

I'll never forget the feeling when we beat Liverpool 1-0 and Andy King scored in 1978. It was the first time I'd seen us beat them (my first match was 1975), and after the debacle of the 1977 semi final it was the best feeling ever. I was only 8, and at the end of the match i stood on my seat and jumped up and down until everyone else had left.

I agree about the 1995 semi, very similar reasons, thought we had no chance. We were behind the goal and I met my sister at the ground. I remember saying "I just want us to score a goal, so I can have that feeling". Little did I know we were going to score 4. What a day, we had 3/4s of the ground and it was like a home game.

When Jelavic scored the 2nd against Man City a couple of seasons back.

Just the way it looped over Hart and the crowd's reaction and his reaction and it was pretty much perfect.

Not for me, this was right after the Wigan 3-0. Just proved Everton can only win when it doesn't matter. Ossie's goal was special though. 30 yards with his wrong foot past Hart into the top corner. Had Rooney done that it would be on MOTD credits for the next decade.

Not getting to Goodison very often, it would be either

the 1-0 vs Blackburn where Ruddy came on, had a stormer, and Radz scored the winner in spite of one of the worst refereeing performances ever.

Or

The 7-1 thrashing of Sunderland, as it was just a fabulous team performance, an utter trouncing, and there could be no doubt we had played a blinder that day.

Pretty much every one. ;)

lemon-skunk-marijuana-strain-21.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.