Andy Gray: Martinez Not Helping Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although it makes no matter about what his 'observations are', didn't he say he was never offered the job?

Seems some board members are happy to talk up former players who's opinions match up or are parallel with their own, and thsoe that dare to suggest something different are to be destroyed. Throw that mud, sling those accusations, destroy, burn, pillage.

Simplistic outlook that doesn´t really mean much or offer any kind of solution.

Get it to Lukaku quicker... Sound, great gameplan. That will sort it out.

Typical pundits who are removed from the game, typical media who like to make issues black or white to keep it simple for the masses and typical of the majority of football fans to pick up this stuff and start quoting it as if its somewhat insightful or posit as their own critique. This is nothing but soundbites really, no more insightful than a Lawro pre-match prediction.

Its not about getting it to one player in particular faster, its about creating attacking situations where we have space or a man advantage from where strikers or other players can make runs and try and exploit the gaps and then can be found with some decent final third passing. This isn´t happening as the players confidence is shot and they can regularly be seen choosing to go back when you can see clearly there is another option, which is the fault of the player....or can see there seems to be no option. The latter is more common I think, and that points to the movement of the front line but also to the defensive tactics of the oppo.

Personally think its just craziness to suggest the team is sent out with some instruction to pass it back and around the defence. We didnt do that last season, and it wouldnt be the basis of the type of style Martinez favours.

I can´t for the life of me say exactly what is wrong overall....I´d be inclined to say a mixture of many factors and the snowballing effect of low confidence over a season.....but these simplistic criticisisms that don´t really say anything don´t help.

The whole team are bystanders. Anyone could pick out any player and analyse reasons as to why they are under performing. We lack heart.

The movement from midfielders ahead of our defenders who have the ball hasn't been great though either. How many times are you watching Everton play and they're stiid like statues (this happened a lot under Moyes too tbf), but this lack of creative movement leaves the defenders with little option to pass it square as Stones aside, they don't have the flair, technique and creativity to do much else. This is why we so often saw the diagonal punt up to Fellaini etc, and the defenders wanting to go to their natural instinct of HOOF!

Lukaku gets ripped for being offside often, but quicker passing would often eliminate that.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football-gray-shocks-everton-by-rejecting-job-1257731.html

...but he thinks he can criticise a man who had the balls to take up the post.

Thanks for using us though to get a better SKY deal.

Stop talking rubbish on stuff you know nothing about, he didn't use Everton to get a better deal at all, it was Peter Johnson who went talking the media, Andy Gray was never even offered the job. The only people who don't seem to know about this are those who only know of Gray as a Sky pundit and not as a player.

Johnson spoke to him and let it be known he had spoke to him, Gray didn't do anything apart form keep his mouth shut. Johnson was as bent as they come and had his own agendas trying to move people around to suit himself and to be honest i don't think Gray would of made a good manager at that point anyway

As for the crap you wrote about "one season" i'm guessing your not old enough to of seen it going by how easily you have dismissed his contribution.

He is entitled to his opinion and he is bang on.
The one positive thing this will do is hopefully get everybody to pull together to sort it.
Hopefully Martinez will ditch the slow turgid football and get us playing like we did last season.

He won the FA cup though, and the league and European cup winners cup as well.

whoa Mooms, let's not forget the vicarious enjoyment we get from Wigan's FA cup win and the Swansea Revolution

Status
Not open for further replies.