realistic transfer improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said in my blog; Winger is an absolute must - Perisic would be my choice but what's the liklihood of that happening and I don't expect us to go in for any other position other than a CF
should we be familiar with your blog for some reason?
And a Centre Forward? I think we have a few more pressing priorities!

Last edited:
agreed Shawcross and Curtis Davies are the 2 mentioned to date. Still rate Shawcross
Oh captain my captain

Shawcross is a no-go imo, he is contracted to Stoke until 2018, and the figures that they will demand for him will be ridiculous, they will be talking north of 15 million.

Winston Reid is out of contract next Summer and I think he will move to a club this January for about five million. If he doesn't then he will be available for free next Summer.

I don't know much about Curtis Davies, how much would he go for?

Shawcross is a no-go imo, he is contracted to Stoke until 2018, and the figures that they will demand for him will be ridiculous, they will be talking north of 15 million.

Winston Reid is out of contract next Summer and I think he will move to a club this January for about five million. If he doesn't then he will be available for free next Summer.

I don't know much about Curtis Davies, how much would he go for?
Sageyefc may have an idea if he's running down his contract?

According to the Guardian gossip column "Zakaria Bakkali is an 18-year-old Belgian winger who is refusing to commit to PSV Eindhoven by signing a new contract, which is good news for Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester United and Liverpool, who are all reported to have been giving him the glad eye".

We've done pretty well with our Belgium lads - perhaps another? But seem to recall he has some attitude problems.

Get Gerrard in January. I know he is passed it but his experience in off the pitch skullduggery would be invaluable. He will have Baines and Barkley getting away with inciting nightclub brawls and pulling teenagers and still be darlings of media. I know you blues won't like to hear this but he would also have invaluable knowledge on the pitch, he can teach our players the art of willing refs into making decisions they initially were never going to make, something our boys need to learn. Then he can retire with us and become couch of skullduggery and cut his teeth with us until he moves back to Anfield and become Liverpools most successful manager, bringing Barkley with him, having a 100% record against us..... Wait, maybe.. maybe just let him retire over there. I'm just rambling.

The only position there was rumors of us buying someone in the summer was Left wing. So realistically I don't think we will but if we do it will be there.

Stones will be back by then and with Jags back in form I think we'll be ok there.

A replacement for Hibbert would be good but I don't think he will buy one.

Status
Not open for further replies.