• Everton

Votes: 146 39.7%
  • No one

Votes: 79 21.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez needs to select his team and his game plan based on who we are playing, he doesn't often do that.

If we play a high line like we did last year he's clueless.

Last edited:
If I was Martinez, I'd sit deep - shut Pool out. They don't know how to deal with that. And I'd really, REALLY emphasise set pieces. They simply can't defend them. Get Distin and Lukaku in their area at every corner and free kick.

I hate to say it but Moyes would be perfect for tomorrow's game. I just don't think Martinez can play that way. He'll try and take on Liverpool by playing football and be too open.
There is so much wrong with this that I really don't know where to start!

If I was Martinez, I'd sit deep - shut Pool out. They don't know how to deal with that. And I'd really, REALLY emphasise set pieces. They simply can't defend them. Get Distin and Lukaku in their area at every corner and free kick.

I hate to say it but Moyes would be perfect for tomorrow's game. I just don't think Martinez can play that way. He'll try and take on Liverpool by playing football and be too open.

Problem is we can't defend them either, and we also can't take a decent corner to save our lives. We're doomed.

Martinez needs to select his team and his game plan based on who we are playing, he doesn't often do that.

If we play a high line lack we did last year he's clueless.
I think we did that against Arsenal in April and this season. Hope he follows the same strategy, 4-3-3 and use Mirallas and Lukaku's pace to get in behind their fullbacks.

You'll be fine. @bizzaro says you lot are going to finish 2nd/3rd come May.

Did he? I thought he'd kicked his crack habit.

He also said this to try and justify why we struggled to scrape past Tamworth a few years ago

Tamworth who've spent more money for a semi-professional outfit than any club in history.

So I wouldn't pay to much attention to him.

He's got to mix it up, if he didn't learn anything from last years fixture then the man is a starry-eyed idiot. He's got to get a performance out of the players AND 3 points.

If we play a high line lack we did last year he's clueless.

not often but he can and he does

utd and arsenal last season were perfect examples, liverpool last season was the complete opposite

their weakness at set pieces is something we need to look at

Do elaborate.
Our defence can't defend so planning to sit back and defend for 90mins would be a disaster.

I don't think getting Distin forward for every set piece is exactly going to give them nightmares given that he gets forward at every set piece anyway and never scores.

And moyes being perfect for tomorrow?? Because Moyes had such a good record at Anfield???

Status
Not open for further replies.