Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lukaku has been good, we've scored 7 goals in 3 games, 2 against quality opposition.

Lukaku has been the reason Naismith finds so much space however unfortunately for Lukaku Naismith isn't the type of No10 that creates much for other players and Mirallas can be a bit greedy too.

There's no problems with Rom. In fact I've been delighted with his all round game.

There are some negative beuts on this forum ;)

He's not up to speed and he's still bossing games, (2nd goal against Arsenal) in addition his hold up play and first touch look to be improved.

Lukaku is the least of our worries at the moment. FFS I hope we batter WBA 6-0 just to shut up some of the whingers on here.

Sorry mate, Really like you as a poster but you're completely wrong.

He is playing with a injury to his toe, Martinez has confirmed it. Players play with injections and so on to play through the pain barrier but the injections usually only last for 50-60 minutes.

He was played because he is seen as vitally important and he wanted to help us trying to win games.

And he has done very well at what he has been doing so for you to dispute that is wrong.

No excuses just dealing with what it is.

He committed 2 turnovers, was disposed twice and offside 4 times. These are not good figures for a Striker, improvements are needed.

http://www.grandoldteam.com/2014/09/02/everton-3-6-chelsea-matt-fawcetts-statistical-review/

Ultimately, he's fit enough to play, so I'm judging him on performance. He isn't putting in good performances. You can blame that on the toe if you like but, in that case, you should blame Martinez for playing him, not me for pointing out he's been uninspiring.

Lukaku has been good, we've scored 7 goals in 3 games, 2 against quality opposition.

Lukaku has been the reason Naismith finds so much space however unfortunately for Lukaku Naismith isn't the type of No10 that creates much for other players and Mirallas can be a bit greedy too.

There's no problems with Rom. In fact I've been delighted with his all round game.

There are some negative beuts on this forum ;)

I kinda think that is looking for the positives to be honest with you. I have seen some of the worst misplaced passes and miscontrol from Rom in those 3 games. A backheel that conceded posession leading to the build up of Leicester equaliser. He also miscontrolled the ball which led to a Chelsea goal. He has got to learn to look after the ball. He positions himself better to control the ball but his touch is still dodgy.

Lets hope Kone gets the same level of "understanding" when fit. To have 4 fit on form goalscorers would be a first for us.

I kinda think that is looking for the positives to be honest with you. I have seen some of the worst misplaced passes and miscontrol from Rom in those 3 games. A backheel that conceded posession leading to the build up of Leicester equaliser. He also miscontrolled the ball which led to a Chelsea goal. He has got to learn to look after the ball. He positions himself better to control the ball but his touch is still dodgy.

Lets hope Kone gets the same level of "understanding" when fit. To have 4 fit on form goalscorers would be a first for us.

Spot on.

Judge the player on the pitch, not the name on the back of the shirt really.

Reactions: NEC
Sorry mate, Really like you as a poster but you're completely wrong.

He is playing with a injury to his toe, Martinez has confirmed it. Players play with injections and so on to play through the pain barrier but the injections usually only last for 50-60 minutes.

He was played because he is seen as vitally important and he wanted to help us trying to win games.

And he has done very well at what he has been doing so for you to dispute that is wrong.

No excuses just dealing with what it is.

They're called opinions, Aaron.

Spot on.

Judge the player on the pitch, not the name on the back of the shirt really.

Already starting to see it with McGeady - pretty much like for like with Deulofeu last year... that lad could do no wrong. McGeady on the other hand is getting some early harsh treatment.

Don't get me wrong criticism and praise is fine, but its got to be consistent.

Already starting to see it with McGeady - pretty much like for like with Deulofeu last year... that lad could do no wrong. McGeady on the other hand is getting some early harsh treatment.

Don't get me wrong criticism and praise is fine, but its got to be consistent.

If it makes any difference, I don't really like either!

If it makes any difference, I don't really like either!

point being with some people its not the "offence", its the person who commits it.

Example, I love McCarthy, but he has started to get on my nerves standing off players nearing the penalty area. Got to be fair and be as critical of him as I would have been to Phil Neville for the sames thing. (I really couldn't stand Neville)

point being with some people its not the "offence", its the person who commits it.

Example, I love McCarthy, but he has started to get on my nerves standing off players nearing the penalty area. Got to be fair and be as critical of him as I would have been to Phil Neville for the sames thing. (I really couldn't stand Neville)

Yeah know what you mean mate. Works the other way too. Against arsenal I thought ossie played well but he got criticised heavily. Wouldn't have bairns if mcarthy had made the, to my recollection, one mistake he made. I don't like mcgeady at all but had to give credit for his assist the other day.

I actually thought Barry was at fault for the first goal against Chelsea but I've spoke to people who point me back to his performance against Chelsea last season.

Reactions: NEC

Status
Not open for further replies.