Leicester City v Everton. 16th August at 15.00.

Who shall prosper

• Der Foxes

Votes: 19 4.2%
  • Der Toffees

Votes: 315 69.5%
  • Crap draw that lad

Votes: 119 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloody awful. So for all those saying don't be worried about pre-season. That's why I was worried.

We looked dead on our feet from 50mins onwards.

Looking back I wonder if we where good in the first half or they where just nervous due to it being the first game back in the premiership.

I can't see us getting anything from the Chelsea or Arsenal games now.

Fitness is the problem. Like you say, in the second half our players were knackered which invited Leicester back into it. You just knew they were going to score, since Everton never win on opening day. Seems to always be a crual equaliser as well.

Questions we need to ask is why our players look so unfit. Jags, Distin, Lukaku and even McCarthy looked miles off the pace.

It always feels like we just try and do enough to get ahead then relax, instead of being ruthless and finishing teams off. In that second half we didn't push for a 3rd goal until they equalised.

barry should have been off around like 70 mins, clearly wasn't fit enough to keep playing, likewise with some others too. Scared by how fragile our defence looks at times, need to get stones out of rb asap

Barry was by far our best player today. It was the knackered forward line that exposed him last twenty minutes. You never change you're back 6 unless you have to.

Came here expecting a [Poor language removed] storm of negativity and that's exactly what I got! I thought we controlled the game very well, Barry and McCarthy looking great.

Barry should had been sent off, so consider that positive for us. The problem was, obviously, the shuffle in the defence. Stones looked alright at RB then he just stopped concentrating when we were 2 - 1 up. Perhaps that's down to his age, we need Coleman back though.

It was obvious Lukaku was told not to push himself too much, he looked like his runs were jogs.

Pienaar was incredible today. Controlled the ball, played some great passes and looked the best player in the team. Some great link-up with Baines for the goal.

Naismith did well; he ran, tackled, won headers and got a goal.

McGeady. Well I think he played his usual way. His goal was incredible, but there was times when he just looked a little out of touch. I hope he gets another few this season, it's obvious that Martinez rates him, and with that finish you can see why.

Jags and Howard looked like they spoke separate languages. There was some break down in communications, and that could had caused more problems than it did.

I think that's about it.

Last edited:

Why didn't he replace Stones with Coleman (if he brought him on anyway), Besic or Gibson for Barry and Mirallas for Lukaku.

Why did he go 3 at the back? We never look comfortable defending when we do that. There biggest threat came from hoofball and it dropping to one of their midfielders because ours never seemed to be where the ball was likely to land which is always a sign of fatigue. We needed more legs in midfield not another defender.

Seriously that 2nd half made no sense at all just like our pre-season.

There is a reason we looked good in the first half then went to tits in the second, The players are not match fit

Martinez has to take the blame for that

Chelsea and Arsenal will smash us if we defend like we did today

absolute rubbish, do you really think the staff don't know how to manage players fitness?

We actually played some very good stuff, but second half players looked exhausted, especially Lukaku. So, Im not gonna criticize Roberto on our first game of the season, but he should have really took Lukaku off for another Mid, be it Besic or Osman. The way the game was going we really could have done with another CM to help keep possession. But all in all we looked better, we are just not fit enough to keep it up for 90 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.