Martinez Signs New 5 Year Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL

Mate he stayed at Wigan for how long without spending nowt.

This is Everton now though. He's got some money to spend and a bigger shop window to look at.

Well theres still massive question marks over his transfer dealings for me, I hope he improves this Summer.

But cant fault much else.

McCarthy and Barry massively impressing.

He doesn't need to go back to Wigan for signings any more now though.

Has he tho.

Yes. Not even this board can hide the BT money coming our way or the remainder of the Fellaini money.

This summer could revolutionise our squad and really make it a force to be reckoned with across Europe.

Completely different clubs and circumstances. He said we have at least £20m left over from sales so if he doesn't now then he's gone back on his word, which is not a trait I'd associate Martinez with.
Yes. Not even this board can hide the BT money coming our way or the remainder of the Fellaini money.

This summer could revolutionise our squad and really make it a force to be reckoned with across Europe.

I hope your both right, just have no faith in the Board personally.

He peed me right off with his buying houses on FF comment as well, the BELL.

Our board are useless for sure but I think it was magnified by Moyes' play it safe approach. He had one target and if he didn't get him then it was "we'll go with what we've got".

What?

He's getting rooms for all the players so that he can have them all training and recuperating longer at Finch Farm.

Its just what we should be doing. He's expanding Finch Farm. Its what needs doing.

Look at what Man City are doing.

Martinez is 100% as far as I'm concerned.

What?

He's getting rooms for all the players so that he can have them all training and recuperating longer at Finch Farm.

Its just what we should be doing. He's expanding Finch Farm. Its what needs doing.

Look at what Man City are doing.

Martinez is 100% as far as I'm concerned.

We dont even own FF lad.

We dont even own FF lad.

Its a 25 year securitised loan agreement. Finch Farm owned by Liverpool City Council.

This means the club and the council are partners.

Like they are on a potential new stadium also.

Building on Finch Farm extra facilities is a no brainer.

The council gain rent and we keep operating costs for tax purposes low.

By the way. He wants:

1. New Pitches and another indoor pitch
2. Accommodation for all players at the club
3. Other facilities.

Its a 25 year securitised loan agreement. Finch Farm owned by Liverpool City Council.

This means the club and the council are partners.

Like they are on a potential new stadium also.

Building on Finch Farm extra facilities is a no brainer.

The council gain rent and we keep operating costs for tax purposes low.

We arent partners, we are tenants.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/mar/27/roberto-martinez-everton-rebuild-training-round

Roberto Martínez's grand designs for Everton include spending a £20m-plus transfer kitty this summer and a revamp of the club's training complex. The Everton manager wants to increase the number of hours players spend in training by building overnight accommodation at Finch Farm.

It is plans for the Finch Farm training ground that illustrate the manager's meticulous attention to detail and influence throughout the club. Everton moved into the impressive Liverpool City council-owned complex only in 2007 but Martínez believes player-development will improve significantly with new facilities.

"We've got money to spend this summer," the Everton manager said. "Remember we sold £40m worth of players and we only spent £13m [initially]. That money is there to be spent. The new TV money won't make a massive difference on the playing side because we've got a lot of things we want to do on the training ground. We want to build accommodation here, have bedrooms on site, put a new pitch in and give the training ground a big lift. I'm going to use the money for that."

Spending on infrastructure is exempt from Uefa's financial fair play calculations but Martínez insists Finch Farm, with 10 full-size grass pitches, one full-size synthetic pitch, an indoor pitch and three smaller pitches, does not meet his requirements for the club. "Every year you need to improve," he added.

"We need bedrooms for the first team and the option to get digs for the young players to stay on site as well. We are two pitches short and we need to have a full-size indoor facility for all the age groups. The facilities here are terrific but the demands every season change and you need to be up to date.

"We have different projects and the cost depends on how much we are going to go into it. They are different projects – one is the bedrooms, one is the new pitches, one is for the youth to have digs. There are different projects that we can do over the next 24 months."

He is on about last year's extra £10 million there. Not this summer's extra money from Sky/BT.

Thats why we didn't spend in January.

So we are paying 1m a year rent, for 25 years, for something we could have bought for 13m last year and not only that, but we are improving it for them.

Everton that.

Status
Not open for further replies.