• Lose - I'd rather 5th than see the kopites win it

Votes: 194 25.6%
  • Win - 4th is too important to us

Votes: 565 74.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do wish the RS were playing Saturday afternoon to help make my mind up.

West Ham need a result against Spurs you'd think especially as it's a derby and because it's their last home game of the season. So a draw there would be much appreciated Hammers.

0-3 to Spurs it is then. Boss.

Can we just let them score 2-3 goals from the off then have a sit off in the center circle playing cards so we don't hurt any City players
There really is some rubbish being spouted in this thread. We have already taken 13 points from the usual top four teams this season, a major contribution to the RS winning the league. Should our new approach be to lose to top teams in case the RS win the league....ffs.....all out to beat City and Hull....Nil Satis Nisi Optimum.

Do you honestly think Bobby will let his team roll over for city because a few of you don't want liverpool to win the league, he won't he'll do everything in his power to try and get everton 3 points, he is a man of too much pride and integrity for that and would be embarrased of the thought of it.

I agree we actually have Class and Dignity here at Everton, not like that lot across the park who wore Blackburn tops and cheered them on against their own team or gifted (cheated) the game away to Chelsea to stop united winning the league.

Or who support a racist

Or who think throwing pavement slabs is 'a bit of banter laa'

Scenario for you lot, how would you feel one week from today when the following has happened

Spurs beat West Ham on Saturday lunchtime
United beat Sunderland Saturday afternoon
We lose to City Saturday night
United beat Hull next Tuesday

We suddenly drop to 6th, with only goal difference separating United, us and Spurs going into the final day. United have Southampton away, we are at a Hull side playing for cup final places and Spurs face a Villa side who could be in a relegation fight. We [Poor language removed] up against Hull and the other two win, we drop to 7th and are left sweating on the cup final result to see if we get into Europe while our beloved neighbours still win the title, would anyone be happy then?

How?? Do UTD now get 4.5 points a game now Giggs is in charge.

Utd can only get 69 points. Spurs 72 but crap goal diff.

Scenario for you lot, how would you feel one week from today when the following has happened

We suddenly drop to 6th, with only goal difference separating United, us and Spurs going into the final day. United have Southampton away, we are at a Hull side playing for cup final places and Spurs face a Villa side who could be in a relegation fight. We [Poor language removed] up against Hull and the other two win, we drop to 7th and are left sweating on the cup final result to see if we get into Europe while our beloved neighbours still win the title, would anyone be happy then?

To my knowledge,
Hull will be in Europa League regardless if they win or lose in the final (Place goes to runner up if winner is already qualified)
7th place will not get Europa League this year, only 5th & 6th

You're right I thought United were six behind us going into this weekend, point stand though if we lose to City and Hull and Spurs and United both win their remaining games we will finish 7th

You had a mare in this post mate, United can't get more than 69 points

Also the cup final result doesn't matter one way or the other anymore now that Arsenal are gonna finish 4th - it never did matter to us who won it unless arsenal finished out the top 4, 7th doesn't get Europe under any circumstance of the final result like. You seen the Hull side btw, hardly gonna be fighting for final places as the teams is pretty much sorted and not exactly Man city like in depth all fighting to start

So in summary of how i would feel, well easy answer, very angry that the League decided to give United 4 1/2 points a game for a win, also angry that they changed the rules on European qualification with 2 games left

Look its up to City - we will not have our strongest team out - the crowd will be passive imo due to the circumstances - the big question is should RM save players for an easier game away at Hull for three points?

It will be a joy of scenes to congratulate the squad of players and our new manager in his foirst season with a diferent brand of attacking football - whatever the result we are in a no lose situation due to the circumstances - LFC play a nice Monday game with their favourite REF! with an idea of if they might only need a draw !

I do wish the RS were playing Saturday afternoon to help make my mind up.

West Ham need a result against Spurs you'd think especially as it's a derby and because it's their last home game of the season. So a draw there would be much appreciated Hammers.

0-3 to Spurs it is then. Boss.

West Ham are pyar gash...don't be relying on that lot to do us any favours!

If we end the season with a run of results that consists of losing to Crystal Palace, Southampton, Hull and City i.e. losing 4 of our last 5 fixtures then we don't deserve a European place ffs.

If we're saying that the choice here is potentially having to go to Hull on the last day needing a point to get EL football and losing to City and thus denying the Spawn of Satan the league title, or getting something from City, thus almost certainly guaranteeing the RS the league, to avoid potentially needing a point at the mighty Hull, then sorry I'm taking the former all day long pal.

There really is some rubbish being spouted in this thread. We have already taken 13 points from the usual top four teams this season, a major contribution to the RS winning the league. Should our new approach be to lose to top teams in case the RS win the league....ffs.....all out to beat City and Hull....Nil Satis Nisi Optimum.
as there is in most threads!! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.